OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Airline Shell Confiscation update

Started by TRKYHTR, April 11, 2013, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Just an update on my airline Hevi-13 Shell confiscation. I sent Delta the story about the confiscation of the shells as well as Hevi Shot. I didn't get a response from the airline but Hevi Shot sent a reply. Hevi shot said they were changing the cardboard that their shells are packaged in and wanted my address because they wanted to accommodate me for my loss. Today I got a package from them with 2 boxes of Hevi-13, 3", #7 shot. I really appreciate their response and will be a supporter of their shells.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

2much2loud

Good for you and hats off to environmental

redarrow

Thats great pr for sure. Glad to see the company treating their customer like they really mean something to them.

Gooserbat

Defiantly not Hevi Shot's direct fault, but its good to see that when a problem is addressed that they are going out of their way to fix it.

That's Customer Service.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

bbcoach

Joe,
What was the problem that you experienced with the Hevi's?  I'm leaving for Kansas on the 2nd of May(flying with Delta also) and plan on packing some 3 1/2 #7's with my shotgun and I don't want them confiscated.  What did they say was wrong with the packaging?  Thanks in advance.

GobbleNut

Wow, that's cool, Joe!  That's a company that goes "above and beyond" to take care of it's customers!  Good for them,...and you!

BOFF

Glad some companies still have Awesome customer service.

God Bless,
David B.

RutnNStrutn

Glad to hear that things worked out in your favor Joe! :icon_thumright:
I'm not surprised that it was the ammo company, and not the airlines that took care of you. ::)

TRKYHTR

Quote from: bbcoach link=topic=35115.msg357599#msg357599 date=136571ot rained 7750
Joe,
What was the problem that you experienced with the Hevi's?  I'm leaving for Kansas on the 2nd of May(flying with Delta also) and plan on packing some 3 1/2 #7's with my shotgun and I don't want them confiscated.  What did they say was wrong with the packaging?  Thanks in advance.

When we were in GA we got rained on hard. The boxes of Hevi's got wet and practically fell apart. I packed the remaining shells in the boxes just like the trip to GA and when TSA went thru my luggage they confiscated the shells stating the were loose. They confiscated a box and a half. One box hadn't even been opened but the boxes were falling apart because of being wet. Hope that clears everything up. BTW I did not ask Hevi Shot for any reimbursement for the lost shells. They offered.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tail Feathers

That's good customer service.  I just tossed a crush box last night.  Fortunately, it was in the pocket on my gun case so I had no shell loss.
Glad to hear they listen and will improve the packaging. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tomstopper

Quote from: BOFF on April 11, 2013, 06:10:32 PM
Glad some companies still have Awesome customer service.

God Bless,
David B.
:agreed:

captin_hook

That was mighty white of HeviShot to send you more.

captin_hook

They should've confiscated your gun too and said "you're that guy that's murdering turkeys all over the country, we've been looking for you". :TooFunny:

TRKYHTR

Quote from: captin_hook on April 11, 2013, 10:33:42 PM
They should've confiscated your gun too and said "you're that guy that's murdering turkeys all over the country, we've been looking for you". :TooFunny:

Thats funny right there I don't care who you are.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins