OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

ThermaCell

Started by MarkTNturkeyhunter, April 11, 2013, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkTNturkeyhunter

Dose anyone use them and do they work?The skeeters and gnats eat me up this morning they were awful

turkey harvester

In my opinion they are the best thing invented. I live right on the Mo, AR line and let me tell you we have skeeters. I can fire that thing up and sit on my deck in the evening and will not get bit. It works great for hunting, no bad smell. Get One
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Hunt with your kids, not for them.

mnturkey

Worth every penny. Works great.  I bring it along and since I have got it there are no issues with bugs.
It is not complicated to operate and you will be glad you got one.
I wish I needed it today, supposed to get down to 25 degrees, that also takes care of bugs.
SEMPER FI

2much2loud

Would not hunt in the south without one

lightsoutcalls

As the others have stated, it is a must have!  I also mix my own premrethrin spray to keep ticks away. 

I buy it like this:

The stuff you buy ready to apply (Sawyer's) is 0.5%.  This stuff is 10%.  That means you need to dilute it 20 parts water to 1 part permethrin for the same mix.  I buy one of the trigger plant sprayers like this:

and mix my own.  Spray your clothing down the night before your hunt and let them hang outside.  It smells strong when applied, but by the next day you won't smell it.  Don't apply it directly to your skin.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Gooserbat

After having one, if I needed a new one I would pay double to get another.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

firstflight111

I have 4 themacells love them got the holster for it .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

firstflight111

Quote from: Gooserbat on April 11, 2013, 04:49:46 PM
After having one, if I needed a new one I would pay double to get another.
winchester is giving them away free when you buy one or 2 boxes of shells , I got the boy some 20 ga shells and got a free one 4 days ago  :blob10:. thinking about get more .just to have them around .
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

renegade19

Works good on skeeters. 

buck_hunter21

Spill Blood

Bob Giese

I need a second...my wife found out how well they work!!!!!!!!!!!

RutnNStrutn

Thermacells do indeed work, and they are worth their weight in gold!!! :you_rock:
Try one, you'll never go in the woods without one again!! Its amazing!! :icon_thumright:

bornagain64

I agree they work, BUT I do not like to use them during deer season. If I can smell it I know the deer can to.
That is another great thing about turkey hunting is you do not need to worry about your scent.

I would not go turkey hunting down here in Florida without one, You might not come back from the woods.

John

T-town

Thermcells are great against the skeeters, but don't keep the gnats away. Hardcore and Flydown discovered that Avon's Skin So Soft Bug Guard is the ticket to get rid of the gnats. I tried it and now I won't leave home without it. I know some farmers that swear that attaching a dryer sheet to your hat or collar will keep the gnats away but I haven't tried that so I can't personally speak to it. If they ever make 'em camo I may give it a whirl.

TRKYHTR

Best invention since sliced bread.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck