turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ThermaCell

Started by MarkTNturkeyhunter, April 11, 2013, 03:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-Shaped

I'm not a "gadget guy", but the Thermacell is one of the best inventions to come along in a while. They flat out work and are still small enough to not be too cumbersome to carry for somebody like myself who likes to travel light.

Tail Feathers

Yes they work.  Highly recommend them!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

gobbler777

I hunt the E. Shore of Maryland ... ie skeeter country. I've been using one since the first year they made them. Worth their weight in gold. Use the Permethrin for ticks and chiggers.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

FL-Boss

I would forget to put my pants on before I forgot my ThermaCell

Muzzy61

Here in Florida the first two things on my check list is my thermacell and my snakeboots.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

DirtNap647

im gona have to try one do these scare deer in early archery?

Gobble Nole

Dang I forgot my shells. 

No big deal, I got my Thermacell. 

Come down to NW Florida and spend about the first 2 hours of daylight in Tates Hell around the Franklin  County Area on a warm April morning.  We dont get out of the truck till the Thermacell is smoking...

PAbigbear

Not sure if I've ever seen anything negative about a thermacell.  One of the first things to get thrown in the vest each spring.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

redleg06

I might leave my calls at home before I leave my thermacell, here in Bama...

I'm only about halfway kidding!

spur collector

One of the best investments of my life.....

MarkTNturkeyhunter

Thanks for the input fellers I stop at Wally World last night and purchased one and then got up this morning and went hunting it was 40degres and misting raining so I don't get to try it out.

Blue John

:z-guntootsmiley:
I wouldn't go to the trukey woods without one. I have two and use them all the time....Lay them beside you and skeeters don't even fly by....

firstflight111

Quote from: T-town on April 11, 2013, 07:11:17 PM
Thermcells are great against the skeeters, but don't keep the gnats away. Hardcore and Flydown discovered that Avon's Skin So Soft Bug Guard is the ticket to get rid of the gnats. I tried it and now I won't leave home without it. I know some farmers that swear that attaching a dryer sheet to your hat or collar will keep the gnats away but I haven't tried that so I can't personally speak to it. If they ever make 'em camo I may give it a whirl.

I used to do the dryer sheet thing, the morring of a hunt i would put all my camo in the dryer with 5 sheets .and take 3 with me one in my hat ,one in my back pocket , one in my sock . work ok
CUPPED AND COMMITTED

outdoors

IVE USED THEM FOR YEARS , SOME TIMES I THINK BACK TOO WHEN I DIDN'T AND THERE'S NO COMPARING .. Do your self a favor and get a few ...  :icon_thumright:   :icon_thumright:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field