OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

One of those years?

Started by BigGobbler, April 11, 2013, 01:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigGobbler

Did you all ever have one of those years where you were on gobblers every time you went hunting but just could not get a shot for some reason? That's the kinda year I am having so far.Like today we are working a gobbler and he is coming in he's about 30 yards from hitting an old woods road that we are set up on,my son says walking down the road I thought he said the gobbler was walking down the road he says no some person, I craw over to see down the road and here comes some old fart in shorts and a white tee shirt down the road. He gets about 10 feet from the decoy and says gobble gobble and turns around and goes back the same way he came. What an ! Now we are at least 3 miles from Any main road and houses. That's my luck this year

Improvinghunter101

Where were you hunting that some old guy comes up and says gobble gobble and turns around?  Was he losing his mind or what?  I'm sorry for your luck.  Unfortunately I have the same luck, just without the old guy

renegade19

Hang in there.  We've all lost birds to goofy stuff.  Makes all the much better when one comes in on a string! 

Tom Foolery

You should have chased him down and flogged the hell out of him.  He wants to play tom turkey then you play tom turkey and you are the boss tom.

:OGturkeyhead:

BigGobbler

Yea some really weird stuff this year for sure.Its making memories that for sure.

RussM311

Sounds like a PITA freak.... check local law to see if interfering with a hunt is illegal and file a complaint.

Borat

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 11, 2013, 02:00:04 PM
You should have chased him down and flogged the hell out of him.

:z-guntootsmiley:
Absolutely! Or you could be a true ningy and use your ju-dee chop to stun him! Once he's down, stamp an  :welcomeOG: sticker on his forehead!  But remember, Don't go Ningy on nobody if nobody don't need Ningy!

remmy1187

Had one of them years a few years ago, minus the moron, and ended up getting one on the last day.  So hang in there, hope it happens for ya.

eddie234

Mine was last year, seemed to be able to call a bird in every time I went out. Either a Tom or hen, just wasn't able to seal the deal. No people but had a coyote come in. Almost got one the last day but ran out of time.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2

turkey slayer

Not this year, heck only heard a few gobbles period. worked one good bird opening week but other than that, nada.

mossybird

Ive only heard a few turkeys, our opener is on Saturday so i hope they dont give us the slip! Good luck hunting!

tomstopper

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 11, 2013, 02:00:04 PM
You should have chased him down and flogged the hell out of him.  He wants to play tom turkey then you play tom turkey and you are the boss tom.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

BigGobbler

We are hunting Ocala national forest, I think the dude was one of them there rainbow people lol

Matt Meyer

Hang in there. We all have those kind of days/weeks/seasons

Good luck

Buckeye_Strutter_935

keep your head up....it will make that bird so much better when you get it  :icon_thumright:
Feathers Fear Me