OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

scored big today

Started by frank1969, April 10, 2013, 01:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redarrow

Cut the poor sleepy fella some slack. :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: He busted a punk and got his reward. YEEHHHAAWWWWWWW.  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
Thats cool man .Congrats on the bust and the new property to hunt. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: Now where is this "Still " ? :TooFunny:

GobbleNut

Quote from: Shaw24 on April 11, 2013, 07:27:29 AM
Man I didn't know we had so many English teachers on the board! How about just congratulating the the guy for doing a good deed and scoring a nice piece of hunting land rather than making fun of his grammar?? If you can't make out that story then I think you might be the one that has problems...

You're right, it was a good deed and Frank, you should be applauded and congratulated for getting involved and doing something about it.  Good for you.

I think all of the posts regarding Frank's "presentation" of the story were meant in good humor,...at least I know mine was.  ....Guess I should have added a few smileys at the bottom. 

There are a couple of lessons to be learned here.  The first is that stepping up and doing something in a situation that you know is wrong, rather than ignoring it and doing nothing because it is not your problem or is inconvenient, can pay big benefits. (However, in this situation, it could also have gotten someone seriously injured,...or worse).

Secondly, if any of us are going to post stuff on these forums, we should perhaps take a few more minutes and attempt to make it coherent.  Not doing so may result in more responses like the ones you see in this thread! 
;D   :toothy12:   :)   ;D    :toothy12:   :)   :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 11, 2013, 08:37:28 AM
Man I didn't know we had so many English teachers on the board! How about just congratulating the the guy for doing a good deed and scoring a nice piece of hunting land rather than making fun of his grammar?? If you can't make out that story then I think you might be the one that has problems...

You're right, it was a good deed and Frank, you should be applauded and congratulated for getting involved and doing something about it.  Good for you.

I think all of the posts regarding Frank's "presentation" of the story were meant in good humor,...at least I know mine was.  ....Guess I should have added a few smileys at the bottom. 

There are a couple of lessons to be learned here.  The first is that stepping up and doing something in a situation that you know is wrong, rather than ignoring it and doing nothing because it is not your problem or is inconvenient, can pay big benefits. (However, in this situation, it could also have gotten someone seriously injured,...or worse).

Secondly, if any of us are going to post stuff on these forums, we should perhaps take a few more minutes and attempt to make it coherent.  Not doing so may result in more responses like the ones you see in this thread! 
:agreed: Frank did a great thing and when I read all of the posts about his grammar I think it was just in good fun. Frank even said that he was sleep deprived & I am sure we all have wrote things on little sleep and our grammar was not correct. I should show you guys some of the texts I get from my 16yr old son & see if you could figure out what he is saying. Point is that Franks post was funny but it shouldn't take away or diminish the good deed that he done (and I don't think that's what people on here were trying to do. That's what makes the OG forum stand out from others is our ability to have a place where we all are respectful of others opinions). Frank all I can say is Good luck this season and hopefully you will be rewarded with a nice longbeard for your good deed.......

buck_hunter21

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 11, 2013, 08:37:28 AM

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Spill Blood

870FaceLift

Nice job, Frank.  Hopefully the next time you post on here sleep-deprived, it'll be because you got up early to go out there and bust a big one!   ;D

Good luck on the new property.   :fud:
Pass it on...

frank1969

thanks guys. I have thick skin and I did have a screwed up post my bad. on a side note I heard 6 birds in there this morning. Cant wait for the 20th ( youthday ) to take my son and try to keep his 4 year streak going and by the way im just usen this farm for youth hunters only.  Once again im sorry for the sloppy post and if you got a good laugh that's fine.

renegade19

Good luck. Put him on a biggun!

turkey slayer

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Quote from: GobbleNut on April 10, 2013, 11:16:20 PM
Quote from: RemingtonRules on April 10, 2013, 01:14:18 PM
What?  Is there a translator in the house?

I'll translate for ya'....

I think he said there is a huge road in the woods where a time machine landed in the corn in the dark on a large ATV in the back of some guy named Leo's truck on some post farm and then the owner said low and behold, stole the time machine, and tithed his son and him forever.  The end. 

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

GobbleNut

Quote from: frank1969 on April 11, 2013, 12:05:46 PM
thanks guys. I have thick skin and I did have a screwed up post my bad. on a side note I heard 6 birds in there this morning. Cant wait for the 20th ( youthday ) to take my son and try to keep his 4 year streak going and by the way im just usen this farm for youth hunters only.  Once again im sorry for the sloppy post and if you got a good laugh that's fine.

It was all in good fun, Frank.  Now go get those gobblers, buddy!  We'll expect a report!  ...One we can understand, of course.... ;) :)

RutnNStrutn

You guys are funny!! ;D
Good job Frank!! I hate a thief!! Back in February they busted into every camper at our hunt camp and stole a bunch of stuff. >:( Glad you caught that scumbag!! And scoring access to that land, that is big!! Congrats man!! :icon_thumright:

frogfish

Quote from: GobbleNut on April 10, 2013, 11:16:20 PM
Quote from: RemingtonRules on April 10, 2013, 01:14:18 PM
What?  Is there a translator in the house?

I'll translate for ya'....

I think he said there is a huge road in the woods where a time machine landed in the corn in the dark on a large ATV in the back of some guy named Leo's truck on some post farm and then the owner said low and behold, stole the time machine, and tithed his son and him forever.  The end. 

I just died laughing  :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

Matt Meyer

Great job Frank. A good deed well done

wingdragger

you can buy the rosettea stone program to cyfer the info :emoticon-animal-005:
1998 Peach State classic Hunter Division Champion
2001,2002,2003 NY State Owl Hooting champion
2002 Valley Spring Champion
2008 Cabala's Spring Classic open champion
2007,2008 Oregon State Open Champion
2008 Oregon state friction Champion
2013 Idaho State Open Friction Champion