turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Illinois Turkeys

Started by Arrowslinger10, April 09, 2013, 06:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arrowslinger10

Anyone had success during the 1st season so far? I called one in for a buddy this morning it was a beautiful hunt. I havent talked to many other people with a 1st season tag yet. So i was just wondering how ya'll were doin

ads1

I shot a 25 pound tom with 9 1/2 in beard and 15/16 in spurs this morning at 6:30 AM.
Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

tomstopper

Quote from: ads1 on April 09, 2013, 07:33:10 PM
I shot a 25 pound tom with 9 1/2 in beard and 15/16 in spurs this morning at 6:30 AM.
Congrats on a nice bird....

ilflatliner

Itchin to get out in the woods, my hunt starts saturday, and will be hunting through tuesday

Arrowslinger10

That is a great bird!! Congrats. I have a 2nd season tag starting sat. as well! The weather looks phenomenal for the weekend hopefully the birds play fair!!!

Arrowslinger10

This is the bird from this morning. Never posted a pic figured id give it a shot

Improvinghunter101

Good looking birds!  Can't wait until Monday for the northern season to start!   

tomstopper

Quote from: Arrowslinger10 on April 09, 2013, 09:26:44 PM
This is the bird from this morning. Never posted a pic figured id give it a shot
Nice. Congrats & good luck for the rest of your season......

platinumwindow99

Got this opening day 21.6 lbs  10" beard w/1"spurs  6:59 am  came 400 yds it was a 22 yds shot.... good hunt

Tbird

The weather held off long enough and was able to get out and have a great hunt this morning. Rite off roost had 9 birds gobbling they flew down came rite in turned out they were All jakes. Watched them strut and gobble for 30 min or so b4 hearing another bird. Got set up on him and about 20 min later he was walking rite down my barrel to about 30yds. Couldn't ask for a better morning.

DirtNap647

Illini Tom

nice toms, guys!
i'll be after them starting monday. got 3 tags for 3 different seasons in WC IL

tomstopper

Quote from: platinumwindow99 on April 10, 2013, 12:35:00 PM
Got this opening day 21.6 lbs  10" beard w/1"spurs  6:59 am  came 400 yds it was a 22 yds shot.... good hunt
Nice bird. Congrats....

ILHUNTER

Nice birds guys, I'm waiting on Monday for the northern season to start.

renegade19

Up until this morning I had struggled. Some birds moved, this guy would not work at all. Spent the better part of 3 days on this dude.  Today, I called one time when I figured they were on the ground and just sat quietly.  He came in without a sound.  Took some reassuring purrs to get him to finally comit.  18#, 10"beard, 1 1/8" and 1" spurs.  BTW, he had the crap beat out of him.  Missing tail feathers, 2 nasty puncutures and a big bruise on his leg.  Maybe why he'd been so shy and quiet all week?