Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Kansas/Iowa

Started by Jay, April 09, 2013, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Well my Iowa trip is going to be ugly. It's pouring rain all week, cold and maybe snow. I won't even be able to get my vehicle down those nasty clay roads. It looks like I've got 1 day, Saturday, to even have a shot at a bird. I'm sure not sitting in pouring, cold rain without a blind, and not keen about lugging the dang thing in to unresponsive hunkered down birds. What sucks is my wife has really been looking forward to this hunt.

Jay

Trip was worst than I thought. Besides weather all the Public land was loaded with hunters to the point we knocked off 2 days early. People walked in on us blowing our hunt, and really didn't care. I'm done for the year, and probably for good on hunting Public in Iowa. No private, than I don't hunt Iowa. I'm fed up with working my butt off to be screwed by other hunters, and people using the Public land for their agendas. Not enough Public available for the amount of people that want to use it.

simpzenith

Jay, you need to start hunting in WI or here in MN. I'll even show you around. :)

Jay

Quote from: simpzenith on April 23, 2013, 08:01:34 PM
Jay, you need to start hunting in WI or here in MN. I'll even show you around. :)
Barring unseen issues I retire 12/31/2013. Texas, Kansas, and a state with Merriams will be on my hit list. After that it will depend on money.

simpzenith

You really should consider Minnesota! :) http://youtu.be/C2PqO4HTHAs