turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kansas/Iowa

Started by Jay, April 09, 2013, 06:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Leaving Thursday, and won't be on the computer for maybe 10 days unless I score 2 in Kansas early. Good luck to those hunting while I'm gone.

Bigsho69

Good luck Jay.  Feel free to text me while you are in Kansas and I can post updates for your hunt.  785-207-0620.  Looks like the weather is going to break for you.  Supposed to start clearing off tomorrow and just get better.

Jay

Quote from: Bigsho69 on April 10, 2013, 11:32:52 PM
Good luck Jay.  Feel free to text me while you are in Kansas and I can post updates for your hunt.  785-207-0620.  Looks like the weather is going to break for you.  Supposed to start clearing off tomorrow and just get better.
Friday-Saturday is good, but they are now calling for Thunderstorms Sunday-Wednesday, which sucks. My private is tied up opening weekend, but I'm hoping it is open M-Th so I can get a pop up blind  out, and leave it. I'm getting too old to sit out in Thunderstorms all day. I rust. :)

sugarray

Jay called this evening and he has one down.  Went scouting and saw 3 together.  Got them to come in, but was real thick and couldn't get a shot.  Then a 4th came in and stood right in the opening he had to shoot, so he smoked him.  When he walked out to get it he spooked the other 3 that just walked to where he couldn't see them.

20 lbs
7/8" spurs
10 1/8" beard

total = 57.75

Jay

Tagged out at Kansas last night on a decent Tom, which will score just under 65. Lost the motherboard on my computer, and can't post pictures. Also lost my cell phone in Kansas, which also really sucks.

RaspyD

Way to go Jay! Sucks that you had to sacrifice your computer and cell phone for a bird but I know you did it for the team! ;)
Perfection Turkey Calls

njdevilsb

Good bird.  Congrats.

Jay

Quote from: RaspyD on April 14, 2013, 08:34:34 PM
Way to go Jay! Sucks that you had to sacrifice your computer and cell phone for a bird but I know you did it for the team! ;)
Once I get my computer functioning I've got a nice picture of my Tom with my Raiders Screaming Demon call I got last year from you. :icon_thumright:

Jay

Quote from: Jay on April 14, 2013, 07:09:34 PM
Tagged out at Kansas last night on a decent Tom, which will score just under 65. Lost the motherboard on my computer, and can't post pictures. Also lost my cell phone in Kansas, which also really sucks.
Bird came in at 66.8125. 21 9oz. weight, 1.25 spurs, and 10.125 on the beard. Will put up pictures when I get my computer running right.

RaspyD

Quote from: Jay on April 15, 2013, 04:49:50 AM
Quote from: RaspyD on April 14, 2013, 08:34:34 PM
Once I get my computer functioning I've got a nice picture of my Tom with my Raiders Screaming Demon call I got last year from you. :icon_thumright:
Awesone! Looking forward to seeing your pictures Jay. Congratulations!!
Perfection Turkey Calls

sugarray

Good job Jay!  Sorry missed getting your second bird posted up!!

ncturkey

That 's awesome. Can not wait to see the pictures.

CSAW

cuttinAR

Bigsho69

Congrats Jay!   That is a nice bird.  Cant wait to see the pics.