OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

East Tennessee Tom down

Started by MarkTNturkeyhunter, April 09, 2013, 01:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkTNturkeyhunter

Had three gobblin at each other 30 minutes before daylight this morning when they hit the ground it was complete pandamoniam there was what sounded like 4 hens yelping cutting just raising cane the 3 toms were blowing the tree tops out gobbling it didn't take long I heard 3 more gobbling in the distance all in different directions the hens and the first three toms started moving away but I just stayed put to see what unfolded it wasn't long one of the birds I heard off in the distance was closing fast I made a couple cutts a yelp and few purrs next thing I knew he was right on top of me full strutt I made 2 soft yelps he stretch his neck out and I sent a load of Remington nitro mag 3 1/2 s his way!AWSOME morning this warm spell has em cranking now!!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Shakey Jake

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

DirtNap647

tomstopper

Beautiful bird. Congrats.....

Tommy Strutsalot

Awesome bird congrats, sounds like an awesome morning.

And 3.5" Nitro Mag's out of that Tactical Turkey is capable of killing from BOTH ends!  Hahah again great bird congrats.

paintbrush

Congrats on taking that fine tom!

Wrangler95

:you_rock:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

boomer

MouthCaller

You're at Rigby's! Rick is a good guy I buy guns from him! In fact the turkey gun I have now came from there! Good bird neighbor!

MarkTNturkeyhunter

Yep that be Rigsby's B&T I've known Rick and his mom and dad all my life their good people!

MarkTNturkeyhunter

Buy the way this topic was supposed to read EAST Tennessee not easy they any none of em easy

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

MouthCaller

Quote from: MarkTNturkeyhunter on April 09, 2013, 09:18:00 PM
Yep that be Rigsby's B&T I've known Rick and his mom and dad all my life their good people!
I used to live in Harrogate and Middlesboro and worked in Bean Station so I went by there on the way home a lot. I live in Lafollette now... I usually hunt in Speedwell... I got a sweet spot up in Bell co for when KY season opens...