OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Its been one of those days....

Started by MouthCaller, April 08, 2013, 06:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MouthCaller

if you read my other thread from my escapades this morning you'll know I missed a big tom this morning.... Well.... went back tis evening about 300 yards below where I missed him this morning and called one in without him making a peep and sure enough I missed again.... I really dont know how I missed twice .... in a day    :help:

Tomspur

Mouthcaller, I feel your pain. Day  5 of opening day I have three hens crossing in front of me and look to my right and there he is. Miss him at 52 steps.  Questionable  shot but still should have nailed him. Day 7 I do some tree yelps at daylight and get an immediate answer. He flys down and if I had not shot he would have sat in my lap. Missed at 35 yards.  Day 9 I am calling to a hung up bird and look to my right and here comes about 30 birds.  Must have been 7 or 8 gobblers in that group. The hens are 10 steps from me and getting nervous. I shot and of  course miss again.
I took my gun to a local gunsmith and he said I had a bad choke on my gun. It was a new one I put on before the season started.  Had some great hunts just didn't get the birds. Hope you feel better.

TRKYHTR

I would be patterning that gun. Good luck,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Tomspur

TRKYHTR,
No doubt you are right. Did not shoot in the gun with new choke before the season started. Feel bad for the animals for my irresponsiblity. Lesson learned.

MouthCaller

its been patterned last year, using same shells as last year and killed 2 birds with 2 shots last year same gun choke and shells... its just me and wasnt my day today...

tomstopper

We all have those days but I would recommend that you shoot it again just to make sure the sights didn't get damaged/moved/off etc. during the off season. Good luck the rest of the season......

DirtNap647

better try a pattern test shot but hey we all miss