OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Non res Kentucky Lic Help

Started by gobbler74, April 08, 2013, 07:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gobbler74

Other than the Non res hunting and Non res turkey permit are there physical tags that need to be printed off? No where on the page did I see that just wondering. The Harvest log is all I see needed. Have hunted so many places that required leg banding and such Im gun shy on no identification markers
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

devin4484

You fill out your harvest log and you write up your transportation tag and place it on the carcass (if it leaves your possesion).   Get a spring hunting regulation book and read it lol.

gobbler74

Does that apply to non res? I had a friend in Ky said as long as I got confirmation number on the bird checked wrote either on lic or log it was ok.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

redarrow

If you are hunting the LBL you need an additional permit. You also need to physically check in your bird before leaving the LBL. Call Ky.DNR to be sure of the regs for hunting in county.

gobbler74

Tuttle

When you harvest a bird in KY, all you need to do is write it in the harvest log prior to moving the animal.  Then, call the animal in to the Telecheck system and get your confirmation number.  Place that confirmation number on the harvest log as well.  I believe you have until 9 am the morning after the harvest to get the confirmation number.  You do not need a transportation tag or anything like that as long as you remain in possession of the bird.  If you have any further questions, email the KY Dept. of Fish and Wildlife.  They usually reply quickly.  Good luck while you're here!  Our birds seem to be about 2-3 weeks behind their normal schedule due to our extended winter weather.  The weather is changing for the better and the birds are just now starting to act right.  Normally, our birds are rocking before the season starts and taper off a little.  Looks like its going to about perfect this year.