OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I'm in the market for a new gobble call.

Started by TANK, March 07, 2011, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TANK

I have used a Primos shake gobble for the last few years. It has finally stopped workin. What brand do yall recomend ? I can't use a tube call, so I need something similar to the one I had before.............

TScottW99

"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

TANK

I have never heard of this call. Is it a shakker style call? Does it sound like a jake or a longbeard? I'm curious about your suggestion. Thanks for the reply!

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

TANK

Quote from: letinmfly on March 07, 2011, 08:33:57 PM
Try one of Big Tom's gobble boxes.

How much do they cost? I looked in the links section and found Big Johns Turkey Calls, but didn't see these on his site..........Great looking calls though and I'm very interested.

TANK

reynolds243

get a tube call and just learn how to use it. will do everything you need PLUS a gobble.

TScottW99

Quote from: TANK on March 07, 2011, 08:08:27 PM
I have never heard of this call. Is it a shakker style call? Does it sound like a jake or a longbeard? I'm curious about your suggestion. Thanks for the reply!

It is a shaker and sounds like a longbeard.  You can give it a half hearted shake to sound like a jake if you want.
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

TrophyTracker

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

TANK