turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Big KY bird for my daughter!!!

Started by nogoodreezen, April 06, 2013, 02:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogoodreezen

The Kentucky youth weekend finally arrived this morning. My 9 year old has been so excited to get to hunt. We put four birds to bed last night so we knew where we wanted to be. What we didn't know is just how quickly it would all come together for us. We snuck in well before daylight. It was me, my daughter, and a couple friends who were videoing behind us. At daybreak I let out a soft purr followed by a couple soft yelps. Bingo!! This bird hammered at less than 50 yards! I shut up. I let him gobble his head off at all the real hens around. About 15 minutes later I saw him fly down into the field next to us. He was on the wrong side of the fence which concerned me. Ten seconds later he spotted our decoys, turned, and came straight through the fence FULL strut. He ignored the hen decoys and destroyed our Jake. Ryleigh blew him up while he was on top of the decoy. He did a back flip and was finished. I am so proud of her and I'm so glad we got the entire thing on video. 24.7 pounds, 10.5 inch paintbrush, 1.25 inch spurs=1 big bird!!!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Rio Fan

That is a great bird!  Congrats to you and your daughter.  :icon_thumright:

AndyH

captin_hook

That's great. He's a beast. Congrats

DirtNap647

congrats to her that is a great turkey

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

alloutdoors

Limbstrutter

Way to go young lady....Congrats..
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

tomstopper

Awesome. Congrats to that little lady....

bornagain64

Congrats. She will be hooked for life.
Nothing better than hunting with your kids, except getting some game hunting with your kids.

FANMAN

Way to go Ryleigh......Great bird.

mnturkey

Congratulations that is a good bird and the hunt had to be a blast.
SEMPER FI

boomer