turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

KaBar Becker BK7 knife?

Started by lightsoutcalls, April 05, 2013, 12:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

I ordered one of these yesterday and was curious if anyone here has any experience with them?

I read a bunch of reviews on a number of websites before ordering.  I wanted something for a possible hog hunt with chase dogs.  (Yes I will be packing the Ruger GP100 .357 as well.)  Something I have also wanted for quite some time is a knife/hatchet/tool that would split a deers pelvic bone without having to hack repeatedly or use a saw.  This thing has a 7" blade that is 1/4" thick, is just over 12" total length and weighs in just over 3/4 lb.  It has a lifetime warranty as well.  The worst part about the deal in the reviews was the fact that it has a flimsy sheath.  I'm looking at a custom kydex sheath that holds a firesteel on the side... 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

runngun

It ought to be a good'un. Bet it will work.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

lightsoutcalls

HOLY COW!  I got my knife in yesterday (expected 7-10 day shipping).  I pulled it out of the box and ran it down the back of my forearm...  The side of the knife looked like it was wearing shag carpet!!!  :o

My forearm...?  Looks like Kojak's head (showing my age).  Seriously, I can run my finger "against the grain" where there used to be hair and don't even feel stubble.  That is one SERIOUSLY sharp knife!

I'm working on a deal with a custom sheath maker and will post pics and a link to his website once I get the sheath in.  I hope to put a pig down in OK in a couple of weeks to try this thing out.  I think I'm also going to check out the Kabar/Becker line out for a neck knife and maybe the BK2 model. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!