turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nebraska Hunting

Started by FinalImpactOutdoors, April 05, 2013, 09:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalImpactOutdoors

My name is Chris owner of Final Impact Outdoors, a hunting show based out of Arkansas. Me and my partner are looking for places to hunt and film in Nebraska. We have never been to that part of the country and need a little point in the right direction. We are not looking for anyone to tell us there honey hole. What we are looking for is maybe some good public land or maybe someone that owns some land that might not care if we hunt a few day. Any help would help us out a ton. We have done a ton of research but come up empty handed. Look forward to hearing from yall. Thank you!!!

Chris

RemingtonRules

In summary:
Looking to make money off our show, therefore need a free place to hunt.  Can you help? 

FinalImpactOutdoors

Nope has nothing to do with that we don't make money off our show and if I did make money from the show dont you think I might just pay to go somewhere??? We work regular jobs and run this show out of pocket!!! Just asking fellow hunters for a few tips but I guess thats to much to ask some people!

wvboy

There is plenty of Public Land in NW NE .. just do a search on this site for the Pine Ridge area and you will see plenty of helpful tips and a few places mentioned.. but a lot of that area burned up in the fires last fall..  otherwise .. find a decent outfitter and pay up.. or take a risk and just make the trip and start knocking on doors.. you might get lucky with hat in hand and a few kind words..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

hobbes

The Pine Ridge is a beautiful place to hunt, but do some research on the fire that devastated the western half of the NF there last year. There is still huntable land with turkeys, but the available public area just got smaller.  I think NE has an atlas that shows public land options, and I know they show their wmas online. There are a lot of tools out there to locate public land.  Use the available maps BLM, DeLorme, etc. to narrow down your search then make some phone calls to the local Game Warden to see if they can shed any light on the specific blocs your looking at.  There is not access to all "public" land.  You'll likely find some that is land locked by private land. 

I never did hunt private land there, but I think its unlikely anyone that has the great fortune will easily give that up.  I'd plan to hunt public then nock on some doors while you're there if private is the route you want to take.     

RemingtonRules

Quote from: FinalImpactOutdoors on April 05, 2013, 09:47:39 AM
Nope has nothing to do with that we don't make money off our show and if I did make money from the show dont you think I might just pay to go somewhere??? We work regular jobs and run this show out of pocket!!! Just asking fellow hunters for a few tips but I guess thats to much to ask some people!

From your website
Official Bow Sights of Final Impact
Official Camo of Final Impact
Let Covert be your next camera you use in the field this year!

Looks like you have sponsors?

You struck my nerve because people should work for things not see if someone can hand them something.  What have you contributed to the site, what are you going to do for the people that may help you?  Someone opening up their land to you I find personal.  Okay, I am going to take my pills now.

FinalImpactOutdoors

Quote from: RemingtonRules on April 05, 2013, 10:55:20 AM
Quote from: FinalImpactOutdoors on April 05, 2013, 09:47:39 AM

From your website
Official Bow Sights of Final Impact
Official Camo of Final Impact
Let Covert be your next camera you use in the field this year!

Looks like you have sponsors?

You struck my nerve because people should work for things not see if someone can hand them something.  What have you contributed to the site, what are you going to do for the people that may help you?  Someone opening up their land to you I find personal.  Okay, I am going to take my pills now.

Its all good I knew this would hit some people wrong! First off yes we have sponsors, second no they do NOT pay us money if we are lucky we might get a little free products but 95% of the time we get discounts. We are no body's we are doing this because we love the outdoors and film! Yes this is not the best approach but with lack of time being 9+ hours from there its hard to put the work in, trust me if we lived closer we would! We are limited on time due to work and the only reason for the post was to maybe get a little advice not exact locations. Things like I have hunted the SE corner would help. We do find landowners to hunt with as well and gain great friendships from it. No hard feelings man

spaightlabs

Real honest, time to just get in the truck and drive, same as the rest of us have to do. It sucks,but since it isnt a for profit venture, it's no different than the rest of us - same amount of pressure to produce a good hunt.

I hunt Northwest and South Central.  Heading out in 2 weeks.

Hunting with an outfitter in South Central - it's a good deal, $650 a gun for 2 birds/3days.  I've hunted with him before and did great.  I'd probably lease land in the area, but that doesn't feel right to set up in his back yard and take $ out of his pocket.  Feels like a guy code violation.

Hunt in the NW, went up to the area a bunch of times, met some guys, talked to some folks, got a ok to hunt some sketchy stuff, proved we weren't arseholes, eventually got permission for the good stuff.