OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Wing bone

Started by catman529, April 05, 2013, 02:05:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Who carries a wingbone. is it backup or do you use it often? Made one last year and lost it in the woods. Just made one now and I can still do yelps and clucks, but need practice to fine-tune and become more consistent. So I wondered how many here like to use a wingbone call.

wvcurlytop

I do, and use it often.. 

Gooserbat

Got one in my vest.  My favorite suction yelper is the straw that's used for the stem in those orange sherbert pushup things you get at the convenience store. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

lumberjack

twild

catman529

used it some while hunting this morning, had some birds on roost answer back, but they were across the river and gobbled very good on the ground, until some guy over there shot 4 or 5 times and missed... I could see him walking around. But several hours later I snuck up close to a strutter with plenty of hens and a few jakes all around... only got busted by 1 hen, but that struttin tom followed his hen right past me at 35 yards and he died. So I did not get to call in anything with it, but did have answers. Tons of hens they were fighting and yelping and answering my yelps on the tube call but not one bird came to check me out, not even the jakes. So I put the sneak on em and it worked. Going out in the AM again and will have the wingbone around my neck again.

Gawhitaker

Carry at least two wingbones, as primary calls, have really good results with them

ncturkey

Way to go catman529. I carry either a wingbone or a trumpet. I custom made my own wingbone caller. I have called in a few with my wingbone caller and one with my trumpet so far. They sound awesome in the woods. And birds love there sound. Good Luck.

Wingboneman

Use one all the time, And make a lot for people,  It is the death on a call shy bird.

FinBonZ

Yes, I always have a wingbone with me.  As others have said, gobblers really like the sounds they give off!  Here is one I called in with my camo dipped goose wingbone yelper.

FinBonZ

Not a lot of people use them for bow hunting, but here is one of my calls a friend used to work in a gobbler for a bowkill. 

wingbonehntr

I have 2 I use all the time. I have good luck with them.