News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alabama Trip 2013 - PICS

Started by alclark2, April 04, 2013, 02:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkin8or

Congrats!
Great story and pictures. I have camped at Payne and hunted the Oakmulgeee before too!
Payne lake is a nice campground and usually has other hunters around to shoot the bull with- makes for a great place to stay

mozart_hunter

tomstopper

Congrats on your first two birds. I really enjoyed the pics and the read. Thanks for sharing.......

Gold Spur

Congrats Alclark2! Great pics also... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

slamman

good story and great pics congrats on a fine bird.

boomer

Great story and great birds! Congrats!!

marshboy

I really enjoyed reading that!
Congrats on your success.
Greg

Roostem33

Sounds like you had fun, congrats!!!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

Sand Man

Great story and great picks.  I've killed lots of birds and can say that any public land bird is an accomplishment, but a public land bird for your first bird and self taught is a true trophy.  Give yourself a pat on the back!   :you_rock:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

alclark2

Thanks everyone for your kind words! My wife is a trooper for sure. We went through 10 of the coleman propane tanks to try to keep her warm. It was very cold and windy to be camping. As you can see I wasn't properly dressed for the cold. Last year it was in the high 70s and into the high 80s by the end of the trip and we were sweating our butts off with that Alabama humidity. We had a great time and I'm sure we will be back next year. I still have a smile on my face from tht week. To call in my own birds and never have hunted with a more experienced turkey hunter makes me feel great. I've introduced 3-4 of my buddies to hunting them and a few are still with it. I can tell you that nothing beats hearing that gobbler sound off on a cool calm morning.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

runngun

Hoss, you done great!!! Congrats on the wife too!!! LOL Way to hang in there and having paitence and perserverance to get it done!!! Way to keep after them!!!
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

AL trout bum

One heck of a story! Congrats on your first two birds and especially a gobbler. Sounds like you've earned it!
"I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to." - Tom Kelly

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice story and gobblers,congrats!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Shakey Jake

Great story n some great toms!  :icon_thumright:

trkycaller