Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

WTB: Turkey hunting Hip Pouch by Browning or Tarantulas

Started by howl, April 04, 2013, 10:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howl

I am looking for a Tarantulas or Browning brand turkey hunting hip pouch. They look like this:

Brian Stewart

There is a sporting goods store here in town that had one a couple weeks ago. If you like I can stop by and see if they have it. It is the tarantulas . Brian
But as for me and my family, we will serve the LORD.  Joshua 24:15

howl

Usahuntingear

If someone could get some measurements from that, we could probably make one.
One day at a time.

gaswamp

Usahuntingear

One day at a time.

Mike Honcho

I like the idea of this hip pouch...would use sometimes for run and gun hunting. I had an HS Strut pouch similar but it was too small...this one looks sized more appropriate.

Usahuntingear

Were just finishing up a bunch of gear were donating to some disabled vets, as soon as we get done, Im going to throw one of them together the same size.I see they are on back order at Browning, China must be swamped.
One day at a time.

howl

Here's some more pics to help:

Usahuntingear

That does help, I was wondering where the strikers were, ours will have a place for some inside like that, but under the cover with our dual pot calls also will have 2 striker pouches fgor quicker access. Where do they have the box calll at??? Im not sure what that green thing is on the outside, i thought that pocket was for a box call

Also, ours will have 3 layer construction, the chinese usually only give you one layer and that is the outside fabric. Oursinner layer will be rip stop nylon, the middle layer will be 1/8 inch closed cell foam and the outer layer of course camo fabric.
One day at a time.

howl

You have it right. That is where they intended the box call to go. That green thing is a canister used as a case for a tube call.

Usahuntingear

Okay, thanks, had me confused there for a bit.Im hoping our box call pouch will fit in there, I just dont like wooden products exposed to the elements, bothers me. I wouldnt want my box call  or stikers getting soaked in the rain.Okay, I appreciate the help, now to find time to get one together.LOL.
One day at a time.

Usahuntingear

SOLDLooks as though we are going to finish our hip holster today, I will posr a link to a viodeo on it, I think we have made some improvemnts, but you guys be the judge. We did do a 3 layer constructtion, so it is water repellent, sound deadening and padded by using the closed cell foam for the middle layer. We also put 2 striker holders under the lid of the pot call pouch for quicker acess and out of the rain, and a box call pouch on the outside that is all water proof and has a tension cinch down to keep it from squacking when walking. As you guys know, we can not compete with the overseas manufacturing and pricing, but in this case, we are offering this one anyway for the same, 25.00 + 6.00 shipping!! Im pretty sure we wont be putting this on the website store.If anyone wants it, great, if not I can use it myself or my wife will steal it more then likey.LOL Thank you.
SOLD
One day at a time.

Usahuntingear

SOLD-THANK YOUIts basically the same size as the Browning, 14 long X 9 1/2 wide.Here is a videowith more water repellency and closure to calls.

One day at a time.