News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tom vs Jake decoy?

Started by wisconsinteacher, March 07, 2011, 11:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on March 07, 2011, 02:22:31 PM
So Sugarray, you put the tail horizontal with the ground and not upright like he is strutting?

Yep, kinda makes him look like the DSD pose.  Use the Primos fan holder, fold in the 2 outer sections or leave them open.  But it is straight out the back, not pointed down like the DSD.

grousec

Give me B-moble.  By far the best decoy I have used.  Just don't put two of them out at the same time.  By buddy and I each carried a B-moble to the field opening day last spring and he said lets just put them both out.  We killed the bird but he hung up and strutted at 75 yards and it took an hour to get him in to the decoys.  Quite a show (but we won't do that again one b-moble at a time is enough). lol..

surehuntsalot

jake    99% of the time
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

redleg06

Quote from: st4wheel on March 07, 2011, 03:34:33 PM
Those dsd"s dont collapse do they? I just hate to have to carry em around in my arms like I just won em at the fair! LOL

You must not be a duck hunter!!! 

buy a decoy bag (for duck decoys) toss them over your shoulder and at 2 lbs each, you wont know you're carrying them.

busta biggun

Quote from: vaturkey on March 07, 2011, 03:24:05 PM

These two DSD decoys are the ones I use. I have seen too many longbeards run from a big strutter but I have never seen a longbeard run from this jake. The first thing he will do when he sees the jake ,is go right to him & take him out. I have had gobblers come from over 300 yds to these decoys. IMO ,they are the best  !!     :newmascot:

My experience as well. Great decoys.

Timber Chicken

I like to use B Mobile the first @ or 3 weeks of the season while they are still sorting out the pecking order then finish the season with the DSD jake.