Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Opening weekend - 2 days, 2 WMAs, 2 dead birds, self-filmed video

Started by catman529, April 03, 2013, 03:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CT Spur Collector

Dig your video...you got yourself a honey hole there son..I was surprised you weren't beaten' other hunters off.  Your video quality is superb..

Dig your tube call and you do a great job with it. I had to laugh though when you said you had to get to the store....I thought you were headed for more shells!

You seem to be a fine young man and are doing a great job..the only tip I'd have..(you may not care).. is maybe a bit more patience.  You'll save a bunch of ammo and less shoulder pain..hahaha.

Good job.

redleg06

sixbird

Improvise, adapt and overcome! I've got to say, I'm impressed! Most people, me included, would have been lost without a commercial call. You, on the other hand, just improvised...Hats off to you young man! That quality will serve you well throughout your life...
Loved the vid. Raw, just as it happened. That second gobbler was a classic. Gobbling and showing off...POW! NICE!
Makes me anxious for our starter on the 22nd!

alclark2

I always like a realistic video! Good video and great birds from the public. I'd rather watch video like this than the same old longbeard madness 52 or whatever they are on now.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

DanT

Impressive opening weekend! That had to be a roller coaster with the misses and then coming through with dead birds! Congrats!

Tommy Strutsalot

Those are two great birds.  Especially the 2nd bird. Good vid too. 

ncturkey

Great video. Way to go on keeping it real. With misses and kills and all. Plus your homemade calls and self videoing. Congrats in two well earned gobblers.

RIO GRANDE MAN

captin_hook

I really like your video.  A couple of fine birds. Everyone misses, I liked the fact that you showed that. I hope you aren't shooting nitros.haha :toothy12: anyway, congrats and awesome video. :icon_thumright:

mnturkey

SEMPER FI

longspur

nice. now thats what I call hanging in there. My best private land don't have birds like that.