turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NY Scouting Pics

Started by njdevilsb, April 03, 2013, 10:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njdevilsb

Here's a few pics I took on Sunday at the farm we hunt.  The turkey in the back, left-center is a tom I'm hoping to have a meeting with in exactly 4 weeks.
There was about 6-8 inches of snow still in some spots, and some areas were already melted off.  It sounds like they got some more last night down there.

There were 30 deer in this field, and we saw around 70 on the property.

WNY Bowhunter

It sure doesn't feel like springtime around here...
"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."

TauntoHawk

It certainly could warm up a little over the next few weeks thats for sure. could make for an interesting youth season if it stays cold and there's nothing green at all.

And Last year I was mowing in March!!!
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mikejd

After the hunt is over I usually spend my afternoons fishing. But never ice fishing. Who knows this year.

alloutdoors

Whoever keeps shaking the snow globe needs to stop.

DirtNap647

looks like some good huntin

tomstopper

Looks like next week it is supposed to warm up here in my area.....

TauntoHawk

They are forcasting a big warm up mid April, even if temps get there the woods won't look anything like it did last year for the start of turkey season.

As far as the birds themselves, they will be fine and do their normal spring bird stuff. Feb 24th I witness birds on two seperate properties breeding with snow cover on the ground in Greene County.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>