OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Difference in super bantam and regular 500

Started by Onpoint, April 02, 2013, 07:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

What's the differences in the super bantam and regular mossy 500. I'm about to trade one of my 870 12's for a little 20 to build up. I was looking on mossys website and I see that the bantam weighs in at 5.25 pounds and the 500 in 20 gauge weighs 7.25. I cants see where a 2" shorter barrel and a shorter stock would shave 2 full pounds. I thought about goin the 870 youth route too but im a lefty and gettin the safety off with a pistol grip stock for a lefty is a PIA.

nogoodreezen

The super bantam has a smaller stock and overall frame. It is a youth gun. I have one for my wife and kids and I love it.  Very compact and a great shooter!!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Onpoint

So for a 20 gauge build for me would I be better off gettin the youth 870 or mossberg super bantam. Whichever one I get it's gettin an ati talon 6 position stock. I guess if I got the 870 I could drop a lh safety in it. I'm 6' tall, with the ati talon adjustable stock do ya think the mossberg would be too small?

Onpoint

Anybody have any experience with both. Which would be better to build up?

gobblergls

The Mossy comes camo'd and drilled and tapped for optics.  Not so with the 870.
Here's the Mossy with the youth stock and a slip on pad underneath the Bear Creek neoprene comb kit. 
LOP is fine for someone your height.

Onpoint

Another thing I noticed when looking at pictures of the super bantam next to a regular 500 is that the forearm is closer to the receiver but the forearm doesnt look any smaller. What's the deal with that, and if I didn't like it that close could ya change it?

stuball

I do know that the barrels for the regular 500 fit the Bantam. I put a regular 500 rifled barrel on my sons Bantam. It is a 505 model.

Chad