turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Ammo allowed in gun case????

Started by NYGobblergetter, April 02, 2013, 03:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYGobblergetter

I am flying to South Dakota in a few weeks and am only checking my bow case, which I can fit my 870 in so that I can also put in clothes and other items. The ammo is going to go in the case. I read the TSA regs and it appears that you are allowed to put ammo in the same case as with the gun. Anybody had any issues with this? If so, i will just mail my buddy my ammo and have him mail it back.

strutstopper

Yes you can put the ammo in the same case as your gun. Just make sure it's in the box or some other type of container that keeps it from being loose.

alloutdoors

It's fine as far as TSA, you may just want to double check the regs of the airline you are flying. I'm flying Delta next week to GA and my ammo will be in my gun case (in ammo boxes).

AUDoubleBeard

Quote from: alloutdoors on April 02, 2013, 05:39:34 PM
It's fine as far as TSA, you may just want to double check the regs of the airline you are flying. I'm flying Delta next week to GA and my ammo will be in my gun case (in ammo boxes).
Check your airline.  For example:  Southwest you can have ammo in gun case, but on Airtrain you can not!

Turkey Trot

Quote from: AUDoubleBeard on April 02, 2013, 06:29:28 PM
Check your airline.  For example:  Southwest you can have ammo in gun case, but on Airtrain you can not!

Que?

Southwest bought and absorbed Airtran.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Wingbone

It is always best to check the ammo inside your gun case as it protects it and keeps all concerns in one locked container. Pack it in it's original packaging if possible. Never had an issue doing it this way.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

NYGobblergetter

Ok, thanks for the responses. I thought I could and I check the United website and it said it was ok too

AUDoubleBeard

Quote from: Turkey Trot on April 02, 2013, 07:24:53 PM
Quote from: AUDoubleBeard on April 02, 2013, 06:29:28 PM

Que?

Southwest bought and absorbed Airtran.
They did, but their check baggage policy is not the same.