turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Burris FF3 and Gobble Dot

Started by trippsims, April 02, 2013, 02:52:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippsims

I have two questions, one of them is probably going to be a dumb one but that's okay. The first is, is the FF3 worth the money, and what's it like for duck and dove hunting? The second is, how are you supposed to mount gobble dot sights, or any fixed sights if your barrell is not ribbed? I know magnets are one way, but I would like to stay away from something that could move around, unless you guys think that it works well enough.

With the FF3 I really am not sure if it's worth paying that much for, to me, just to turkey hunt when I know I can get the job done with fixed sights all day long. I would like to use it for wingshooting as well, so any experience on that side of things would be helpful to talking me into buying something like this.

Thanks guys.

TauntoHawk

easy get the trueglow trubrite or mauller quickshot, great reflex sights for $80-100 instead of $250. I like my fastfire II got it for a great deal and wouldn't hesitate to buy another but also would buy the trubrite after mounting a few for friends.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Shellwaster

Depending upon your gun you may have the option for a speedbead mount which was designed for wing shooting. If your gun is compatible with this mounting system you will not have to worry with magnetic sights or drilling/tapping your receiver.