turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 tactical turkey

Started by MarkTNturkeyhunter, April 01, 2013, 04:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkTNturkeyhunter

I purchased one about 3 years ago it has the fiber optic rifle style sights I can not get used to this gun for some reason it seems awkward still I'm used to the old single little gold beed I have killed several birds  with this gun but when I aim through those sights they seem to cover the whole dang bird up. Dose anyone else have one of these and do you have the same problem or any suggestions for me to get used to this gun.

Vaturkeyhntr

I have the same gun and have had it for for 5 or 6 years....I have had a tru glo red dot on mine since I've bought it and absolutely love it.  I've never liked rifle sights on a turkey gun for the same reason you stated, it covers way to much up!!! Get a red dot and you will be set!!

VAarrowslinger

You can either zero the gun to hit just above the sights( ie. aim low on the neck and hit center neck) or get better sights like the Williams or adjustable truglo with ghost ring. In the future consider a scope or red dot

sixbird

Quote from: VAarrowslinger on April 01, 2013, 05:22:33 PM
You can either zero the gun to hit just above the sights( ie. aim low on the neck and hit center neck) or get better sights like the Williams or adjustable truglo with ghost ring. In the future consider a scope or red dot

I did this with my bow sights for long range practice. Just touch the top of your sight to the bottom of your target. You can see the entire target (turkeys head)...You just have to remember in the heat of the moment to not put the bead right on what you're shooting at... :fud: :OGani:

lightsoutcalls

I echo the 2 posts above.  I shoot the Williams Fire Sights and love them.  I put the turkey's head just above my bead.  They go down every time.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

natman

Sight in slightly high, aim for the neck, you should be able to see the entire head.

BuffetSlayer

I have an 835 TT and love it. Like others I put a red dot on it. You could always remove the fiber optic sights and install a bead if prefer one.