OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Casotn Creek and Sandy Creek WMS's

Started by Blue John, April 01, 2013, 03:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue John

:z-guntootsmiley:
Thinking about coming to SW Miss. this weekend for a few days. Can anyone tell me about Caston Creek or Sandy Creek areas?   Would the national forest be better? Just need some info. thanks,Blue John....

slave601

"thinnin the flock"

Blue John

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
  Is that the National Forest or the WMA's to?  Been a while since I was in that area. Since Arkansas doesn't come in until April 20, my old shotgun is bumping the door wanting to get out and go..LOL....May still have to try it...thanks,,,BJ

smitty1hunter

Will prob. be hard to get much info from anyone about hunting public land. I hunt the Homochitto but have never hunted the WMAs. They are kind of on the opposite ends of the forest. Thousands of acres and gets a decent amount of pressure. The locals are not too fond of the Arkansas boys but I don't think they'll slash your tires.  :z-guntootsmiley: One of the favorite scouting methods is to drive around and owl hoot out of your truck window. Good luck!

Blue John

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
You know I've been involved in one of the "locals" BS one time in Missouri. I don't know what is wrong with some folks. I'm sure most folks down there could care less who hunts there. Have you ever had any trouble there or are you BSing me?    Blue John....

rutbuck

People everywhere but a good population of turkeys no doubt!!

Gobblerdn1

@ blue john, he aint bsing ya. They don't like seeing us Arkansas boys down there. I always hunted the forrest itself and never ran into another hunter in the woods. I always hunted and stayed with some La boys that had hunted it all their lives and they told me they were glad to see us Ar boys start coming down there it took some of the attention off them. LOL seriously though I had one guy get hateful with me as I was coming back to my truck one morning and after talking with him a few minutes he calmed down and was ok. He was just sitting at my truck waiting on me to come out. LOL he shoulda been hunting instead of sitting in the road. I let him pet my turkey!

Blue John

:boon:
Thanks for the info. Oh well it takes all kinds..I guess they will just have to be upset. I don't worry about me but, I do about some AH messing with my truck....Hope the weather breaks and warms up...Happy hunting to you all....