OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

2nd Osceola Down This Morning, Done In Florida

Started by Stoner, April 01, 2013, 01:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoner

I was a beautiful morning down here is west central Florida. Birds were very vocal this morning but they were a good ways south from where I was sitting. I back away from aggressive calling that I had been using in the earlier part of the season. I went back to my tried and true laid-back traditional calling got some strong gobbles to my south. Every time I yelped and purred on the box call I got an immediate gobble. Every time I yelp they gobbled closer, they were coming fast and hard. To my left or south is a dim woods road that meanders thru some long leaf southern pines. With rays of sunshine dotting the sand road I saw a whole troop of bobbing redheads coming my way. Twenty yards out they veered their right making their way to direction that would be behind me. I had to twist around to my left and had the side of the shotgun touching the bark of the pine tree that I had my back against earlier and the birds came thru the barbwire and I shot what I thought was one of the larger birds and he hit the ground hard. It was a great morning to be in the turkey woods. I am done in Florida for the season, two Osceola's down. Next stop Tennessee.

captin_hook

tomstopper

alloutdoors

Muzzy61

Congratulations. Nice bird. Like the camo FSU cap also  :icon_thumright:
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

jakebird

Congrats on the bird and thanks for sharing the great pics!
That ol' tom's already dead. He just don't know it yet .... The hard part is convincing him.

Are you REALLY working that gobbler, or is HE working YOU?

boomer

TRKYHTR

WTG Stoner. Did you have your yellow lab with you? Nice double beard. Congrats,

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

kevin2

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Stoner

Quote from: TRKYHTR on April 01, 2013, 05:37:39 PM
WTG Stoner. Did you have your yellow lab with you? Nice double beard. Congrats,

TRKYHTR

No, if he did I would not have seen the first gobbler. He is all Lab.

AUDoubleBeard

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

DirtNap647

kansas hooks

AndyH