OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Hit The Jackpot This Weekend

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, March 31, 2013, 11:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I just got back from a weekend trip visiting family for Easter.  Well Sat I stopped in this little sporting goods store and was roaming around and happen to ask the guy where his chokes tubes were.  He said the next isle over about middle ways down.  So I walk over and down the isle and low and behold what do I see.  The old original Star Dot chokes.  I 'm thinking yea but I bet there won't be any 835 chokes.  Well to my surprise I look down at the very bottom below the other Star Dots and see not 1, 2, or 3, but 11 Star Dot choke tubes for the 835.  They had a little dust on the outer package from sitting so long.  I ask the guy if I buy all of them could I get a better deal than the $19.95 he had on them for each?  He said I have had those for years, and if you buy them all I'll give them to you for $15 even and no tax just to get rid of them to make some room for some newer stuff.  So I said ok mister you got a deal.  I paid the guy $165 and was on my way.  Wife said what did you buy now when I got back to the car?  I said just a few chokes.  LOL!  I'm glad I made the trip.   

BrowningGuy88

WildSpur

I like hearing stories like that!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

chrmayo

I wouldn't mind taking one off your hands. 
-MAYO-

01Foreman400

I know that made your month Brad.  Great find!  How much for one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Philippe

I'll take one, did you see any for other guns? Pm inbound!

3" 870 Shell Shucker

All the 835 guys are going ga-ga right now.  "Finally!!!", or "Might as well get a spare".

Good find.

ILIKEHEVI-13

drenalinld

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 01, 2013, 08:28:03 AM
April Fools

Good one Brad. I was thinking of buying an 835 to go with the choke you might sell me......lol

ILIKEHEVI-13

Phillippe,

Thanks for playing along. 

The rest of you guys have a great day!   :TooFunny:

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: drenalinld on April 01, 2013, 08:30:11 AM
Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on April 01, 2013, 08:28:03 AM
April Fools

Good one Brad. I was thinking of buying an 835 to go with the choke you might sell me......lol

Well I told Shannon what I was up to.  I figured this had gone on about long enough when I got a pm already saying I would take one.  I haven't heard back from that guy, but I told him April Fools in my reply back.  But I ask him not to say anything yet to see if I add anymore takers for about another 1hr or so. 

You guys were too easy.   :funnyturkey:

My wife even laughed when I told her what I was up to. 

01Foreman400

Huntin Fool From Georgia!

Isomaad

Dang ILIKEHEVI-13...you ain't right!  That was funny!  I think you broke a few hearts on some 835/935 guys.  Good one!

FttFttVroom!

outdoors

WELL I DON'T FOOL VERY WELL , WHERES MY  CHOKE
I  WANT. IT. NOW
  :z-guntootsmiley:
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field