OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Osceola Down

Started by Old Gobbler, March 07, 2011, 08:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Scored this weekend in South Florida !BTW  that is sun bleached Florida sand not snow

Nice gobbler that I pulled from a long distance using a the brand new DSD strutter and prototype pushpin call I have been working on , hit him with some plain yelps and when I hit the fighting rattles he went ape ---- ,   this bird was coming in to fight ! I would say he came about 500 yards to the gun

One of the loudest gobblers I have ever heard in my life the woods would shake when he would let one rip . He was 17 1/5 pounds that is heavy for very Southern Florida  --  9 inch with amber on the tips - 1 inch spurs  on each side - I would say he is 2 years old - 

The DSD decoy is anatomically correct  and the gobblers here in Florida are not the least bit intimidated , and run right  in to scrap at first sight -  Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

bird

Good Deal Shannon.... Congrats on a very nice bird.   :z-guntootsmiley:

WOW that DSD sure looks great!

Congrats my friend  :icon_thumright:

Al

JVA54

turkey slayer

knightrider

dodger

nice kill Shannon... Love the hat

ChiefBubba

Nice job OG!  :z-guntootsmiley: I'm assuming since you used the strutter that was a private land bird? Congratulations. Chief.

sugarray

:anim_65: :anim_65:

GREAT!!  Awesome!!!  Glad to see a turkey down.  Congratulations Shannon.

KYFrid

GobbleNut

Nicely done, Shannon.  Good to see the season kicked-off well! 
Do I see some real turkey wing feathers added to that decoy?  Is that how it is made,...or was that your innovation?  Whichever....it looks good.    :icon_thumright:

Jim

anthonyjhallen

Awesome!!!  That DSD looks pretty serious.

TScottW99

Congrats on a nice bird!!
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

Devastator

nice job,we got our sand last night in the form of 15 inches and wind blowing in n. pa. >:(
did ya get him with the 10 gauge?

shootumindaface

Good Job Shannon...  Are you waiting to tag out? Why are you not shooting the one strutting next to you?