OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What kind of track is this ??????

Started by Basin_hunter, March 31, 2013, 08:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Basin_hunter

Anybody have any idea what kind of track this is ? It appears to be a big cat print, but there's not supposed to be any cats this big in this area. That might be why the birds quit gobbling in this spot ! Lol

In fall we rut, in spring we strut

BBD

Dog of some type, possibly a large coyote.  Cat would be more round and wouldn't have claw marks

alloutdoors

Probably a coyote although possibly a domestic dog, definitely not a cat of any kind. You can't make an "X" through a cat track like I have above.

Turkeyman11

Basin_hunter

Thanks guys. I have never seen a dog / yote track this big in all the years I have been hunting, that's why I was thinking cat. The other 3 prints I found didn't have a claw mark, a deer might have stepped in this one. I learned something new with the "X" trick. Thanks again

redleg06

Basin_hunter

mnturkey

Dog or Coyote, too small for a Gray Wolf.  You would have to follow it for a while to see if the tracks turn to people feet to confirm for sure it is a wearwolf, if it is a wearwolf, make sure to have your silver bullet with you.
SEMPER FI

Basin_hunter

No grey Wolves here, but at one time there was supposed to be a small population of red wolves in south Louisiana. I have never seen a coyote track close to this size. This was in a very remote area in the swamp.

mommicked

Coyote or Chupacabra, it looks like a trophy, hunt it!!
Learning something new, on every hunt.