turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

East Tennessee opening day success!

Started by Isomaad, March 31, 2013, 07:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isomaad

Here is my bird I got yesterday.  The trail cam shots are of his Final Strut, right before I sent him to gobbler heaven.  We had no idea that we got those shots on the trail cam.  What a bonus!  My DSD Jake really did the trick.  That bird was gobbling and strutting on the ridge above us but as soon has he got eyes on our Avian X hen and DSD Jake he came down the mountain on a mission!  I didn't realize a gobbler could move that fast when in strut.  He went straight for the DSD Jake and started strutting in a slow, tight circle around the decoy.  My buddy said he was getting ready to flog it so I figured I had better take the shot while he was in slow mo.  My 930 Turkey and Hevi-13  3/2/7's closed the deal.  He is my biggest bird so far @ 24lbs. 11" beard and 1.25" spurs.  I also got to here him drum and spit which I had never heard one do before.  Turkey hunting is so addictive!  What a hunt!

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

trkycaller

Rio Fan

Those are cool pictures.  Congratulations on a great bird!  :icon_thumright:

boomer

Wingboneman

alloutdoors

Fatbeard

Very good bird! I'll be in those east Tn woods on Tuesday! Been in west Tn and have only saw 4 birds ready to be in my neck of the woods
East TN Beard Buster

redleg06

That's pretty cool that you got the pictures like that! Congrats!

BrowningGuy88

Congrats on a fine gobbler! That 930 of yours is a killer for sure!

Get out there and roll another one!

painterjp

Congrats, Nice Pictures! Good Luck on Getting another.

DirtNap647

Isomaad

Thanks guys for all your comments.  Much appreciated!  I hope to get another bird on the Greenville, Tn.  Wheelin Sportsman hunt this Saturday.  I've never bagged two birds in one season but I hope to change that this year.

longbeard11

WOW!!! Awesome, and love the trail cam bonus pics!! That is what its all about man.  Congrats on a beautiful stuf of a turkey, I know you are still on cloud nine after that one, and you should be!! Not much better than that!

mnturkey

Great Pictures, Great Bird,
The pictures are a added bonus.
Hope you get another bird.
Yes it is addicting, I have said that if I had to give up all hunting except one, the one I would keep is Turkey hunting.
SEMPER FI