turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Scouting

Started by ncturkey, March 31, 2013, 12:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncturkey

Went scouting Saturday. Saw two gobblers first thing when we got there. My daughter spoted them first. We eased away from them. Scouted the rest of the property and we found lots of sign. On the way out we spoted a big strutter and three hens. Watched for 30 minutes. I looked to my right across a big ditch in another field a saw another strutter. He had a bunch of hens. He had 9 hens. Two of them were grey phases hens. My daughter and I are fired up and ready for youth opener. 

ncturkey

I forgot to mention the Youth season starts April 6- April 12. Regular season starts on April 13 - May 11.

RaspyD

My son and I heard and saw two gobblers on Saturday morning.  We saw them fly down and they walked by at about 30 yards...must of heard a hen?? :-X ::) :-X

Our youth day is next Saturday, the 6th, and the season starts the following Saturday, the 13th.

nc, good luck to you and your daughter!
Perfection Turkey Calls

ncturkey

Good Luck to you and your son. I love your turkey calls by the way. I learned on the mouth caller using your perfection calls. Got a Camo caller at the convention from you. Good Luck

njdevilsb

Sounds good guys.  Good luck. 

I took a trip to the farm we hunt this weekend and put out some cameras.  There was fresh turkey tracks in all 3 of the main fields we hunt.  We saw a flock of 8 or 10 birds.  One was for sure a mature tom with a good beard.  I couldn't tell what the rest were.  Saw about 70 deer on the property too, 30 in one field which is more than I've seen around here in a while.

Jay

Leaving in 10 days for my Kansas/Iowa run, but my private might be tied up in Kansas, which puts me on Public, where I have shot all my big birds, so I'm not too worried. I'm really positive about my Iowa land this year, even though it's all Public.

mnturkey

Good Luck on your youth seasons.
SEMPER FI

longbeard11

Awesome!! Get after em, and good luck!! Cant wait to see some pics!