OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Smartphone gloves

Started by lvetgas, March 30, 2013, 11:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lvetgas

Does anyone have a good warm weather glove they use with their IPhone?  I thought about the conductive thread, but was worried it might scratch the screen.

I also wanted a complete camouflage glove. A lot of the ones I have seen have a solid color palm which I would rather not use turkey hunting.

Thanks

SKFOOTER

Just cut the fingertips out of the thumb, first and second finger of a pair of your lightweight camo gloves and you'll be set. 

WildSpur

Good luck.  Maybe try using your nose.  Thats what I do in the cold when deer hunting to check alerts.  If I have to type I just take off my gloves.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cluck more, yelp less

pittboss

Seriously .... I don't know how us old timers made it through the day without a cell phone?....... Just enjoy the moment .  :you_rock:
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

land cruiser

n2deer

I cut the fingers out myself

spaightlabs

Anyone hunting with me that can't go the length of the hunt without playing with heir phone is walking back to the truck.

willy8457

:agreed: I make sure mine is in the truck or at home

TauntoHawk

I got a pair from basspro that fits the description but I don't know what they're called. I honestly rarely wear gloves, facemask yes but I don't worry about a turkey identifying my fingers and long as I keep my movements slow.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lvetgas

I never hunt without my phone. It is a life line that I do not go without when I hunt. 

Broken legs or cut arteries need quick assistance and I do not want to be 30 minutes later calling 911.

As far as using it during a hunt we text each other instead of talking during the hunt.

Many times I have kept myself from putting myself in danger because I have been able to find out where someone else is hunting instead of hunting in their area.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: spaightlabs on March 31, 2013, 08:34:37 AM
Anyone hunting with me that can't go the length of the hunt without playing with heir phone is walking back to the truck.
Beat me to it

If I need to dial 911, I can assure you, I'll have my gloves off.

Go play wii and stay home if you need to be messing around with a phone while turkey hunting.

natman

Quote from: lvetgas on March 31, 2013, 06:03:45 PM
I never hunt without my phone. It is a life line that I do not go without when I hunt. 
Agreed
Broken legs or cut arteries need quick assistance and I do not want to be 30 minutes later calling 911.
If the situation is that serious, I think I'd just take my gloves off to make the call.
As far as using it during a hunt we text each other instead of talking during the hunt.

Better make sure that it's legal in your state to "party hunt".

WVhuntEER

I just got a pair from Walmart.  They are Turkey Thugs that you can use with a smartphone.   9.99  I think?

BrowningGuy88

I just don't use my phone when I am hunting. If I am moving from one area to another I will take my gloves off to check email or whatever.

lowoctane

Quote from: pittboss on March 31, 2013, 12:29:38 AM
Seriously .... I don't know how us old timers made it through the day without a cell phone?....... Just enjoy the moment .  :you_rock:
Amen!  But the toys are nice... :funnyturkey:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life