turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If you started over from scratch...

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, March 30, 2013, 11:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushwhacker

I wouldn't change a thing 870 super mag's shooting 3.5-2-5's and 870 20 gauge with undertaker and heavyweight 7's.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: bushwhacker on March 31, 2013, 08:52:06 PM
I wouldn't change a thing 870 super mag's shooting 3.5-2-5's and 870 20 gauge with undertaker and heavyweight 7's.

I still like my A-5 pick earlier, but I am truly please with my combos.

870 20 gauge with Sumtoy/Hevi 6's and 935 with stock choke a case of Federal Blue/Gold box 3.5" 6's.

I could kill around 180 birds with the shells I have left for those combos so I will probably stop hunting another shotgun combo.

Now a new bow may come...

Xcal1ber

I wouldn't change either, but my set up is brand new. Stoeger M3500, Hevi Choke, and 3 1/2 Hevi Shot 7,s. Also a Burris FF3.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.

TrackeySauresRex

There are too many memories with my Ol Mossy too start over. However... This in a 20, shootin some 7's would be nice  ;D

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=011B&cid=012&tid=267
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Quotea case of Federal Blue/Gold box 3.5" 6's

You have a case, or if you had it to do over again, you would buy a case while they were available?

BrowningGuy88

:newmascot:
Quote from: 3" 870 Shell Shucker on April 01, 2013, 08:12:21 AM
Quotea case of Federal Blue/Gold box 3.5" 6's

You have a case, or if you had it to do over again, you would buy a case while they were available?

I have a case.

Gooserbat

It would probably be a Browning Cynergy 3.5" camo of some sort.  I would probably just send it to Sumtoy and let William regulate both barrels to the same poi and choke it with what ever worked the best.  Yeah I'd still shoot lead #6, and It would have some type of quality "rifle sights.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

grousec

What I have now.  935 Pistol Grip Turkey with 3.5 MagBlends.

hookedspur

M2 Benelli 20ga
Burris FF3
TSS 9s
IC 555 or 562
Gainer Box call
Cody Slate
Crystal Mistress

Ole Tom I beam vest
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Sand Man

Quote from: redleg06 on March 31, 2013, 09:20:27 AM
870 youth 20 gauge with a knox spec ops stock...

Remington Super Full Chock or Under taker (open as possible) and Handloaded TSS 9 shot.

Convenient Barrel length - check
Pattern- Check
Light Weight- check
Low Recoil- check
Functional/reliable gun- check

This guy is all over it!!!!!!!!

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

captin_hook

I would have probably got a Remington SP-10. Now I'm very pleased with my 870 supermag, but I just always wanted a sp-10.

chatterbox

Interesting thread.

After the hundreds, and hundreds of dollars I have spent trying to find the best combo, I wish I would have started with where I am now.
My Mossberg 835 with a Limbsaver pad, FFIII sight with 336 base, and a Truglo SSX .670 choke shooting 3-2-7 Hevi-13.
This combo gets me right around 200 in the 10" circle at 40, and that's more than enough.
As far as calls go, I am more than pleased with the assortment I have in my vest. They all sound fantastic, and that's something I was smart about from the get-go!

surehuntsalot

if I started over it would be a good O/U 20ga with a turkey choke for normal turkey hunting range and the other choke would be for those up close and personnel encounters (when he pops up at 15 yds or less) to me this would be the "perfect turkey" gun
it's not the harvest,it's the chase