turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Need call advice

Started by Shellwaster, March 30, 2013, 09:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellwaster

I'm in need of a call that, when used, will make birds gobble every time and not only gobble but bring them within range to be shot.
Today was a long, hard day of hunting with only a few gobbles hears and nary a bird. With a 3 year old and a moody wife I don't get as much time in the woods that I'd like or deserve. Tomorrow is a new day.

heathwesley

mikejd

I feel your pain. Same moody wife,3 yr old and a 7 month old. Thats the reason to spend more time in the woods.lol.  But let me know if you hit that magic call.

R AJ

How much are you willing to pay for that call?
Personally , I'm looking for a gobbling turkey, great hearing , poor eye sight, love hungry and willing to come to  anything that sounds like a hen , heavy with long beard, super long sharp spurs and  answers to any call.

kevin2

When my kids were that age, 0-10 or so, I didn't do any hunting, fishing, boating, biking, or anything else that wasn't to do with keeping up & thoroughly enjoying my growing family. I didn't want to miss a moment. I figured there was loads of time for all that stuff later. And, there was/is. Was the wisest move/decision I've made in my life.

Enjoy it now, as this time will never come again. Believe me, it goes fast, like lightning. You'll be wondering where it all went.

Time, it is the most over looked gem of them all...

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

CallDr

I'm still working on that caller........ when I have it finished I will let you know ; )

www.wildtalker.com

TnTurk

^^^^^This is some great advice.^^^^^ Make all the memories you can while they're young, because at some point and time, it's all you'll have. God Bless.

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: kevin2 on March 30, 2013, 09:49:29 PM

Enjoy it now, as this time will never come again. Believe me, it goes fast, like lightning. You'll be wondering where it all went.

Time, it is the most over looked gem of them all...

Quote from: TnTurk on March 30, 2013, 10:11:18 PM
^^^^^This is some great advice.^^^^^ Make all the memories you can while they're young, because at some point and time, it's all you'll have. God Bless.

Great advice! Soon ... in a few years you'll have your kid out huntin with ya. Scaring up some turkeys. You'll have a blast. I wouldn't trade them days for nuttin'!
Kiss em hug em love em now! They grow up fast.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."