Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Most embarassing / frustrating experience of being busted?

Started by Timmer, March 07, 2011, 07:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

It was my 21st birthday at college.. After numerous shots I thought it would be a good idea to go streaking, well nobody followed except a cop.. He stopped me but let me go cuz it was my birthday.. So technically I didnt get busted..

wvboy

I have sat down with no Face mask.. set the gun off to the side and then proceeded to yelp a few times like a Dumby.. and had a tom come right in on me silent.. I have also forgot to load the gun and clicked on a Tom at 30 yds .. on that one I had a buddy beside me so the Tom didn't get so lucky when he shot after he heard my click..
RB .. Take me Home Country Roads

Kylongspur88

I've fallen asleep a few times and woke up to the putt putt of a running longbeard.

Dan Mallia

Buddy of mine spent a long, long day in his ground blind on a bowhunt for turkeys.  Hadn't heard a bird all day, hadn't seen one.  He decided to "take care of some business" outside his blind.  He slowly unzipped the backdoor to see a nice fat tom all strutted up behind the blind, sucker never made a sound  :gobble:

Duke0002

Other than leaving my gun at home and forgetting my favorite slate in a set up (2 mile round trip to retrieve it),  last spring I decided to try a one man blind.  While this wasn't embarrassing, it was frustrating.

Seated in it, heard some clucking off to the left.  I responded and heard leaves rustling and the walking kept coming toward me, behind and left.

Boy was I ready.  Leaves rustled right next to the blind, stopped and then, "bam"  it hit the side of the blind.  A little scratching on the material, then it dropped down a ran in front of me.  ....a red squirrel!  That little bugger must have thought that the "branches" on the Real Tree Woods camo were the genuine article!

At least my sinuses were cleared for a few hours!

mason0366

reminds me of a time a mouse runs between my legs sitting in a blind. scared me to death I thought it was a snake at a glimps!

Basser69

Elk hunting in Colorado I had a squirrel try to jump on my leg. I think he turned inside out when that log he was about to land on moved.

hoyt

First time I used Walkers Game Ear I was in Fl. and set up with back against a big palmetto flat. All of a sudden I hear something right almost on top of me crashing through the palmettos that sounds like a bull or elephant charging towards me. I jump up whirl around and see a little doe loping across the flat about 75yds away.