OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

And now for less than 3 hours of sleep

Started by catman529, March 30, 2013, 12:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catman529

Already being behind on sleep for the past couple days will make it worse getting up in the AM, but I am fixing to head to bed right now and get up at 3 am for the TN opener. I am hunting public land, and was beat to my spot last year, so I will get out extra early and will hunt a new spot I just scouted this year. I hope when I fall asleep against a tree (when, not if) it is during a slow time in the morning if I don't kill one early. I don't do very well when sleep deprived for a few days in a row... I got all day Sunday off work so I will hunt then too, and probably won't get to get any good sleep until Monday morning.

But anyway, all that lack of sleep is well worth it. Maybe I can get lucky and kill an opening weekend bird. 3rd year turkey hunting, and I have had good success on this WMA in the past 2 years, so here's to hoping. 

Best of luck to all the TN hunters on here, and anyone else who is going out in the AM.

mtsrunner

Good luck out there today. Be safe, public land turkey hunting makes me a little nervous. Should be a nice weather day. I think most of the rain has moved through.

I am hunting TN opener, too. Private land and I don't need to be up until 6, but I have been awake since 4. I'm 43 years old and like a kid on Christmas. I've killed dozens of turkeys in 4 states, but it never gets less exciting for me.

I had to stop to let 5 two year old gobblers cross the road on the way to roost yesterday evening. Hopefully, they will be returning to roost tonight short of the starting five.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvcurlytop

Good luck and stay safe.
As far as your sleep, you can sleep during the offseason, and you can't kill them at home in bed.  When season is in, HIT IT!! 

bubbaboy

sleep is overrated.do what i do a few months before turkey season slow down at work the once it hits nap at work they will never know the diffrence ;)

tomstopper

Good luck and just keep the coffee pot brewing. Standing over that gobbler makes it all worth it..... :fud: :newmascot:

runngun

You can sleep all you want when you are dead!!! The time to kill turkeys is now!!!  :OGturkeyhead:
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

catman529

Well it's almost 9 pm and I'm still wide awake. Killed my bird at 11 am and took a 15 min nap about 4 pm before going to work. I get off work between 10 and 11 and crash, only to get up early again and hunt all day on my first day off in 11 days. I don't know how I'm still so awake. Must be still hyped up from the gobbler.