turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Crossbows

Started by QuickDraw, March 29, 2013, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lightsoutcalls

Check out a website called Wyvern Creations.  They have a great selection at some of the best prices you'll find.  Call and talk to them.  They are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I'm looking at the Wicked Ridge Invader as well.  I shot it once locally and really liked the feel.
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

leogunner

I've been using Excalibur for years now and absolutely love it.  Awesome customer service as well.  But I am biased because its a Canadian company :)

Wingbone

I guess I'll be the first to go against the grain here, but recommend the Barnetts. Any of them really. They were the first and still on top for speed. They are great quality and much faster with less draw weight. I can't believe people pay $800-900 for 310 fps crossbow when they can get one shooting 375 fps for $500. No brainer for me. One that I will advise steering clear of is the Horton. I didn't like the feel, but the lower speeds were a turn off for me as well. I guess some people prefer company prestige over speed, but I got into the crossbow game for one reason....speed!
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Woodsman4God

Quote from: Wingbone on April 06, 2013, 11:39:46 PM
I guess I'll be the first to go against the grain here, but recommend the Barnetts. Any of them really. They were the first and still on top for speed. They are great quality and much faster with less draw weight. I can't believe people pay $800-900 for 310 fps crossbow when they can get one shooting 375 fps for $500. No brainer for me. One that I will advise steering clear of is the Horton. I didn't like the feel, but the lower speeds were a turn off for me as well. I guess some people prefer company prestige over speed, but I got into the crossbow game for one reason....speed!

I also agree with the statements about the Horton, I went to test fire on once and it didnt even fire, problem with the trigger. I have heard that it has not been uncommon either.

DirtNap647

if money wasnt an issue you may want to check out scorpyd crossbows that ventilator is one sweet bow