OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crossbows

Started by QuickDraw, March 29, 2013, 11:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuickDraw

I'm in the market for a crossbow. I don't want the cheapest and don't want the most expensive. $600-$800 range. Any suggestions?

wvcurlytop

Wicked Ridge Invader HP is sweet.. 

FttFttVroom!

Bingo! I bought the Wicked Ridge Invader HP after extensive research last year.  Quality ten point technology and service!

Still in your price range and a step up is the Raider CLS by Wicked Ridge.  A bit smoother and quiter and mean looking.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

redarrow

10 Point . They finally got around to making a lighter one. The HXl ? that I shoot needs to come with a gun bearer . It is heavy.

kevin2

Go out and shoot some xbows. Nothing will tell you faster than that.  

I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

neverstopchasin

stay away from Stryker, limbs split like crazy

QuickDraw

Thanks I'm taking all this in.

FttFttVroom!

Warranty should factor in as well.  With a crossbow, you are more likely to need it versus a vertical bow.

NorfolkHunter

I don't hunt with a crossbow but my dad and some of my buddies do. They all have excalibur crossbows. They are a recurve crossbow. So less parts to possibly have issues with. Get out and try a few different makes of bows that will be the best reference.

Limbstrutter

Parker.... Life time warranty. .. That's what sold me. Tornado F4 340 FPS.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

Woodsman4God

If you want a crossbow with Cams . I would go a with a tenpoint and the CLS system, lighter and shorter ATA makes it easier getting through the woods. My dad has a non CLS and my wife has the cls both good but the CLS system is just easier. If ATA is not a concern then I would go with Excalibur. I have only shot those at the range but they are also really nice. My brother shoots a parker youth model with 150 lb draw its small , lightweight and has pistol grip. It seems very nice also the only question so far will be reliability on it but he has only had it 1 year so time will tell. Tenpoint and Excalibur have been doing crossbows a long time and you cant go wrong with either.

Wrangler95

I have an Excalibur Vortex ,nice xbow!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

QuickDraw

Thanks guys. A lot to consider. I've got some good advice here.

mommicked

I second the Excaliber brand and also own a Vortex. These crossbows are incredibly accurate and very simple in design and function making them dependable and consistant shot after shot. Without cams, cables etc. The string can easily be tightened if it stretches by simply unstringing it w a rope w loops knotted at each end and twisting the string a time or 2 . They may cost a lil more but I think any new owner will think it's worth it when they examine the craftsmanship and shoot the thing for the first time and there's less stuff to wear or interfear w the incredable accuracy over many,many shots.Their scopes are great and the customer service is outstanding, though you might never need it!
Learning something new, on every hunt.