OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

GA Opening weekend

Started by TRKYHTR, March 29, 2013, 05:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRKYHTR

Here are a few pics from our GA turkey hunt. We started in GA on their opening day in a lightning and thunderstorm hunting with Dave and Drew Owens. After almost getting hit by lightning Joey killed a turkey right after flydown. When I say almost getting hit by lightning I mean it hit so close to use that it blinded us for a few seconds and we became disoriented. We all hit the dirt and took our shotguns off our shoulders. The thunder was instantaneous and deafening. I wish I was as elequent of speech like CATDADDY so I could explain it better but lets just say we are lucky to be alive. The next day we hunted with Drew after he called us to tell us he had 2 strutters in a field that we should be able to get on. He was within killing distance for 2 hours until we got there. Then Dave and I took over the calling and tactical maneuvers. Dave was videoing with his new camera and it was GOOD. My gobbler had 3 beards; 9.5", 6.75", and 7" with 1 1/8" spurs and 18.5 lbs. Joey killed a turkey about an hour later after shooting it out from under Dave and the Camera man. Lol Being the back up means "waiting until the shooter gets done". It was a beast of a turkey. 23.1lbs, 10 5/8" beard, and 1 5/16" spurs. Thanks to Dave and Drew for inviting us down there and helping us get it done. Them boys can get it done in the woods.

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

guesswho

Good job, congrats on the triple beard!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

kevin2

Looks like you guys hit the jackpot. Great photos...nice birds...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

tomstopper

Congrats. Looks like your putting a hurting on the birds that come your way........

AUDoubleBeard

Now that a nice bird! Congrats  :icon_thumright: :newmascot:

DirtNap647

boomer

captin_hook

Awesome. Triple beard, that's great! Nice pics Joe.

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

pittboss

Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

JVA54

beagler

Never Misses

Rio Fan

Wow, I'm glad that lightning missed you guys, that's scary stuff.  Congrats on the birds!  :icon_thumright:

RutnNStrutn

Looks like you had an awesome trip!! Congrats Joe!! :icon_thumright: