turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What a great evening!

Started by nogoodreezen, March 29, 2013, 06:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nogoodreezen

This year my daughter decided she wanted to hunt with me. I bought her gun and got it set up for her. She has been practicing and has gotten pretty good.  Last night her excitement level was ramped up several notches. When I came home from work there were several turkeys out in the field below the house. I grabbed the binos and her. We crawled out in the yard and laid behind the well house just watching them. There were 7 gobblers and four of them were huge. She laid there looking through the binoculars for 20 minutes talking about how beautiful they were and how she was gonna be the first kid in the family to kill one. I can't wait for next Saturday and youth weekend. I would trade never killing another turkey for seeing her connect. After the turkeys moved on she was excited to practice and shot a half box of shells!

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

DirtNap647

hunting memories are the best good luck to the both of you

tomstopper

That's great. I cant wait to take my girls out. My 5yr old plays with my yelpers & friction calls when ever she can. She tells me all the time she is going to be my turkey hunter. I hope I can keep her focused on this instead of boys when she's a teen.... :TooFunny: Good luck to you & your daughter. I look forward to seeing pics of her with a longbeard in front of her.......  :fud:  :newmascot:

callwinner11

all the luck in the world sent!!!!!!!!!
that is awesome to get ur kids into hunting at a early age.
post pics as soon as you can of her first bird
  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

stinkpickle

bubbaboy

good luck to you and the lil one..hoping to get out with my niece a lil this year

birdyhunter

Can't wait for my boy to be able to start hunting. He goes to the blind with me now and he's only 19 months old so needless to say I'm a little over excited to have a lifetime hunting partner!

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2