turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

kansas birds.

Started by dlewis82nd, March 28, 2013, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AUDoubleBeard

The camera auto focused on the trees, but the bird was only about 30 yards from us.

DanT

Nice pics! Gets the blood pumping!

I'll be watching the weather like a hawk for the next week; night now next wek isn't looking great for the opener :'(

AUDoubleBeard

I will be there either way!  Buddy went this morning and birds gobbled good on roost and shut up once they hit the ground.

nativeks

Could've put up a hotdog stand on the roads running through the public here locally. Never seen this many guys for bow season.

theghost_03

Heading to Lincoln County the end of April so hopefully they turn it on!
"In the spring we STRUT, and in the fall we RUT"
GOBBLER DOWN CUSTOM CALLS

dawgfrombama

I'm leaving next thursday and it cant get here fast enough after seeing those pictures.

jblackburn

I talked with dlewis82nd and he tagged out this morning with a jake and a gobbler.  It is cold, windy, and raining but he got it done.  I'll be headed there Friday, so hopefully I will be able to get in on the action.
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

stinkpickle

I gotta wait a month to go!   :(

Mike Honcho

Tagged one Monday in south central Kansas...cold and windy...couldn't get one to gobble but he strutted a lot and made it within 35 yards of my grandsons 20 gauge...got to stand on his neck!  Snowed in SC Kansas today...cool and windy in north central and northeast.

Hooksfan

Called this one in for my daughter Monday morning.  Only heard two gobblers and this one came in by himself.  Now it's little brothers turn for the Missouri youth hunt this weekend.  We were hunting near Ottawa.

DanT

Hard to imagine worse weather than what is predicted for Wed & Thurs....... Unreal how much difference a year makes.

dawgfrombama

it looks like it will warm up during the weekend.  Might be tough hunting.

Jay

I'm heading to Kansas Thursday for a 6 day hunt. Hope the weather keeps respectable. Kind of eratic right now.

wangchung0121

I'll be down there.  Heading down tomorrow afternoon.  Looks like it'll be wet and cool the first couple of days.  My uncle said that as of last week, the birds were still grouped up.

busta biggun

I was scouting around KC last weekend. Heard a big group of gobblers roosting together. Then I saw two hens walking alone. After that saw a lone gobbler strolling across the field within 20 yards of me. Then yesterday I saw a group of 6 hens with a strutting gobbler in a field by my church.