OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

kansas birds.

Started by dlewis82nd, March 28, 2013, 05:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlewis82nd

Is there anyone on here that can tell my what the birds in Kansas are currently doing? I will be bowhuntin em around Arkansas city come Monday and just lookin for a little info on how they are acting.

nativeks

Still in their winter groups. Snow predicted on the first.

Hooksfan

I will be there with both of my kids.  It would be pretty neat to kill a Spring bird in the snow.  It is their Spring break week.  It is supposed to warm up nicely Tuesday and Wednesday.
I suspect they haven't broken up really good yet.  What a difference  a year makes.  Last year, everything was ahead of schedule and this year it seems everything is behind.

dlewis82nd

yeah last year we had a great year early

stinkpickle

Yeah...I went out there last year for the first week of May, and the wheat was already too high in a lot of farms to hunt.

Gamblinman

Last year, they turned on early, this year they are behind schedule in KS.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

dawgfrombama

I'm heading out there for opening weekend.  Hopefully things will get going in the next 2 weeks.

AUDoubleBeard

I live around KC and they are still in big groups so it going to,be at least a few more weeks for them to get turned on real good.   What part of Kansas are y'all going to?

dawgfrombama

I'm going to be hunting in the Newton/Whitewater area.

stinkpickle

I usually hunt north central around the Nebraska border...Washington, Republic, Jewell counties and that area.  Just printed off my tags yesterday.  I will probably wait until May to go, though.

dlewis82nd

ill be around arkansas city

AUDoubleBeard

I will prolly make a trip out to North central myself later in the season.  I'm headed out to do some scouting on Sunday so I'll post some pics and ifo if I get any. :icon_thumright:

DanT

Quote from: AUDoubleBeard on March 29, 2013, 03:57:08 PM
I will prolly make a trip out to North central myself later in the season.  I'm headed out to do some scouting on Sunday so I'll post some pics and ifo if I get any. :icon_thumright:

Please do! Will be in the same are in a couple weeks! Thanks!

AUDoubleBeard

Lets hope the turkey around here show up better then those Jayhawks! :TooFunny:

AUDoubleBeard

Well I went out this morning and only heard one gobble.  What I found was good though.  Had a nice bird at about thirty yards.  He was with 8 other toms. I did see numerous fields with birds and got a couple of cool pictures I will post up this afternoon.