Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Looking for a recommendation on an owl hooter! Thanks all!

Started by heathwesley, March 28, 2013, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heathwesley

I am pretty sure what I am going with here - but before I pull the trigger I would love a few recommendations.
Thank you!

longbeard11

I would definitely look at getting the hooks owl hooter. IMO best one out there

paboxcall

Yep, call Scott at Hooks and get yourself a Harrison hoot-n-stick.  A great owl hooter with lots of volume.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

heathwesley

Thank you fellas - That was my plan. Now I am sure that is what I am gonna do.  Appreciate the help.

BrowningGuy88

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Saylfish

IAFF 1377

redarrow

TN Beard Buster

I know you've already made up your mind, but James Harrison makes some of the best owl hooters I've ever heard! I bought one at the NWTF convention last year that he made custom for the competition and if their production call is half as good, you'll be well pleased for years to come!

ziggy

see, what you do is you ric flair a bird in the morning.  i used to take a barred owl hooter in the morning, but have found that ric flairing them works a lot better.  what you do is, when it starts to get light, just let out a WOOOOOOOOOO!!! and y'all will be amazed at the results.
"Playing that cowboy music
And it feels good, to be working hard"

Muzzy61

Quote from: ziggy on March 28, 2013, 06:55:26 PM
see, what you do is you ric flair a bird in the morning.  i used to take a barred owl hooter in the morning, but have found that ric flairing them works a lot better.  what you do is, when it starts to get light, just let out a WOOOOOOOOOO!!! and y'all will be amazed at the results.
.    "To be the man, you got to beat the man" Woooooooo!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

T-town

Yet another vote for the Harrison Hootin Stick from Hooks

flintlock

Go straight to James Harrison (Owlface) as they are awesome.
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!