OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Southwest Alabama

Started by R AJ, March 27, 2013, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AU86

Nothing but dead silence at in my area of north Alabama today. I covered some ground but never heard anything.

ericjames

There was 5 that I know of died today. Some of the biggest smiles I seen on kids. One of them got 2 with 1 shot made his day. But I went and didn't hear a gobble one. I watched 2 gobblers pitch out.

cahaba

I sat on my back porch this morning and heard 3. They gobbled good for about 45 min. and then shut up. I heard one shot across the creek about a mile away. Maybe a youth got him/her one.

ericjames

Quote from: cahaba on March 08, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
I sat on my back porch this morning and heard 3. They gobbled good for about 45 min. and then shut up. I heard one shot across the creek about a mile away. Maybe a youth got him/her one.

The weather is looking good this week. So it should be a good opener

J Hook Max

Yesterday, heard three different gobblers. Weather was perfect. Called in two longbeards for my grand daughter. They came in on our side at about 15 steps. They saw us before she could shoot and flew off. Went back this mornig. Saw and heard no turkeys but did call in a bobcat.

ericjames

At least you got to hear some and get close.. I bet her heart was pounding.

J Hook Max

Yes it was as exciting yesterday as it was dead this morning. Looks like warm weather all this week. Should get the birds talking.

ericjames

I will be in the woods every morning this week,I hope they have it going on by saturday.

harleytom

Heard 2 on the roost this morning in Coosa county. One was gobbling on the ground near one of my blinds as I eased out of the woods.

ericjames

Sounds like you might have everything in place for a good hunt Saturday..

bamagtrdude

Welp back from youth hunt weekend in SE Alabama; heard 2 gobble this morning on the roost, but they were off our property & none came; saw a coyote & 3 deer, tho...  In the same part of the state, apparently they were gobbling real good Saturday morning, but those reports came from guys that couldn't get 'em to come in to their setup...  My daughter was a trooper & did real good on her first turkey hunt; very proud of her!  Hope to make many more memories in the future...
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

ericjames

Well I heard one this morning. Gobbled 4 times that I know of. I didn't hear him until I walked about 100 yards from where I was standing at day light. So he might have gobble a little more than I know about. Then I moved on in and got an location on him. Hope he is still there this weekend.

SSCsnood

birds gobbled heavy this weekend in my neck of the woods. closed the deal on a good bird for my little brother Sunday morning near Thomaston Alabama. heard over 50 gobbles between daylight and 8am both mornings...it was a great weekend

bamagtrdude

SSCsnood - good to hear!
---
Bama Guitar Dude (bamagtrdude)

ericjames

I hope they are doing more in the morning than they did any day this week..