OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee Opener-Snow!

Started by ThicketThrasher, March 27, 2013, 02:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThicketThrasher

Well we are 3 days from the opener and there is 2 inches of snow at my house. I hunt only NF in the mountains and there is probably 6 -8 inches up there. There is not a hint of anything green anywhere. Never seen weather like this. I haven't heard any gobbling but have heard reports of some. Should make for a very interesting first weekend here in East Tennessee. Going scouting right now in the snow, if there are birds around, it should be real easy to tell as the snow has been on the ground for 2 days now.

longbeard11

Killed a bird here in WV in the snow on the opener one year. They never gobbled i just happened to come up on em and put the sneak attack on him.  wish it would just warm up already!!! Tired of all this snow

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

TauntoHawk

thats crazy I was planning all spring on a camping/hunting trip to the Charokee in early April but it fell through when some stuff came up at work. Would have been interesting to hunt in snow for sure, they were gobbling in the snow good in NY this past weekend early in the morning when I was out scouting.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pseshooter300

I hunt east tn in carter county I got a report this morning said there was 16 inches up on the mountain
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

ThicketThrasher

Quote from: pseshooter300 on March 27, 2013, 03:17:20 PM
I hunt east tn in carter county I got a report this morning said there was 16 inches up on the mountain

I was scouting in Carter County. Stayed down low on the mountain. There was about 3 inches in there. Did find some fresh scratching and tracks. I was afraid to go up high because I know its deep up there. With the forecast highs for the rest of the week, I doubt that it will melt very much.

TauntoHawk

Hope you guys have snow Camo  :funnyturkey:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

surehuntsalot

and I thought it was bad down here in Mississippi
I wish ya'll luck
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ThicketThrasher

Snow is melting at my house, at least I can see the grass in places. Hopefully it will get warm enough to melt some of it in the mountains before Saturday.

timberjack86

Pretty nice here in Grundy co.

reflexl

Our little snow in Lincoln Co melted as quick as it got here. Been in the 20s at night. Pretty nice today. Chance of rain this weekend. reflexl

MarkTNturkeyhunter

I live and hunt in Claiborne County the snow is almost gone here just alittle on top of the mountains hopefully it'll all be melted buy Saturday!

pseshooter300

Any report on what it looks like on the tops of roan mtn?
Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

gob09

No mountains around here
weather looks good for Saturday except for chances of rain
In coffee county
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

ThicketThrasher

The top of Holston still has about 4-5 inches..... Iron has a little bit more than that. It is melting fast. I think by tomorrow it will be OK in all but the highest places. Roan is probably the exception, it will still have a significant amount I would guess.