OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

If ammo shortage isn't bad enough

Started by steelheadr, March 27, 2013, 02:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelheadr

Just got news at work (I sell guns) ammo manufacturers will raise prices on ammo 60% in April.  They are saying it's due to high cost of metals especially copper.   >:(

wvcurlytop

Good thing I started buying shells a couple years ago for all my guns..

It's sad as this will really hurt the small guys like you.  It just gets harder and harder for the small guy to compete with the big boys like Walmart and Cabela's..  I wish you luck..

TauntoHawk

its getting out of hand.. when it comes down to it I will pay what I have to for things like Hevishot or a box of good rifle ammo but its terrible when you have to "save up" to buy ammo for the season
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lightsoutcalls

With our government buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, that would have to effect the supply and demand of metals...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

lonnie sneed jr.

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 27, 2013, 03:07:47 PM
its getting out of hand.. when it comes down to it I will pay what I have to for things like Hevishot or a box of good rifle ammo but its terrible when you have to "save up" to buy ammo for the season

SO TRUE

I have been buying a box of some kind of amo every 2 weeks for the past year. I think I am in good shape for amo.  But it is getting out of hand.

:OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

spaightlabs

That's the standard load of horse dung that gets run out every year...

Copper started going up years ago, very little affect.  How much copper you think goes into a 3 inch Hevi 13 #7?

How about a 3 inch duck load?

Every time this gets posted somewhere its by a guy who works in a gun store who knows a guy who talked to a guy who works with a guy that used to work at a place.

AUDoubleBeard

Quote from: lightsoutcalls on March 27, 2013, 03:27:22 PM
With our government buying 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, that would have to effect the supply and demand of metals...
I couldn't agree more.

ILIKEHEVI-13

If that were in fact true, then that means Hevi-13 3.5" loads are gonna increase to $48 a box.  I don't see that happening in a month. 

crenshawco

Yea I'm calling bs. Maybe 6% tops but 60 is a crock

frank1969

R AJ

I have heard 20% on centerfire rifle ammo, 5% on promotional shotgun shells, 10% on promo rifle ammo, and 15% on rimfire. I think rimfire may actually go up the most since it can't be reloaded.

Also, New York I think , is trying to make it a felony to sell to anyone without transfer papers, loan a gun to anyone, own a gun in the house that is not registered and other bologna, all to make us felons so that we can't LEGALLY be in possession of a gun.

EMSDJ2

I just get steamed when i see a box of 535ct remington 36 gn going for 80-100 bucks on gunbroker and the so called big supplier stores gouging everyone.  They are POS's in my opinion!!!

Holston

Quote from: EMSDJ2 on March 27, 2013, 11:35:30 PM
I just get steamed when i see a box of 535ct remington 36 gn going for 80-100 bucks on gunbroker and the so called big supplier stores gouging everyone.  They are POS's in my opinion!!!

100% agree. 

The 2 bigger "local" stores in my area have put their prices out the roof on most items (AR parts, .22 and .9mm ammo, etc.) 

In the past they've both got a lot of business and money from me, but that's over now.

I understand what they are doing in a way, but that's part of the problem.

There is one left that hasn't got caught up in all the BS, so I'll be giving him all my business now.  If he can't get what I need I'll just order online.

Tail Feathers

I feel very lucky to have gotten 2 boxes of the Remington 525 count .22 rounds the other day at $20 per box.
The local store is gouging, but they sell out within five minutes of opening each day.

Some of those .22 ammo prices on Gunbroker.com are utterly ridiculous.
I saw a 100 count CCI minimags on Ableammo.com for $50!
I got the same thing locally for $7.50.  But it's usually one box at a time.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!