turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Filming Turkey Hunts

Started by WW, March 27, 2013, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WW

I want to start filming my hunts with a camera that I can mount to my hat or head. I haven't heard of a good review on the IKAM glasses, lid cam  or the GO PRO since they don't have a zoom. Is there a good camera with a zoom that shows the turkey at 30 yards instead of a black spot? I need to find a cam quick!

longbeard11

Nope. there is not a camera out there on the market that will zoom that you can wear on your head or your gun.  I have a gopro and love it for second angle stuff and for fishing, cant beat it.  But when it comes to actually filming a good quality hunt you have to get some kind of camcorder.  I would recommend going and getting a sony handycam and tripod, self filming isnt easy, especially with turkeys, but if you want zoomed in footage this is your only option really.

alloutdoors

No such camera exists. Cameras like the GoPro are wide angle for a reason, if they had a narrow field of view it would be nearly impossible to get them pointed at what you actually wanted to film, and the footage would be so shaky it would be unusable. If you want good hunting footage you need a camera with a decent optical zoom and you need to put it in a tripod.

RutnNStrutn

WW, my girlfriend bought this for me. It has a 2X and 4X zoom, clips to your hat, has a tree mount or a gun mount (which I what I use). It also has a waterproof case for bad weather. Runs on 3 AAA batteries, so it is light. The only downside I see to it is that the buttons could be located in a better spot, but it is still quite usable. I don't always use it, and have yet to have it on when I am successful, but its going to happen. Check it out.

http://www.wildgameinnovations.com/products/action-cameras/encountertm-3mp.html