turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

FANNY PAC ?

Started by Limbstrutter, March 27, 2013, 01:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbstrutter

I'm getting tired of lugging a vest around and was wanting a Turkey Hunting Fanny Pac .Any suggestions?
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

paboxcall

Limbstrutter -- I abandoned my vest last year for a fanny pack on the recommendation from a good friend. 

My pack isn't exactly this model, but its almost identical is size.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3676709&cp=4406646.4413874.12019863.19949756.4414467

I would make one strong recommendation -- make sure the pack has shoulder straps to help distribute the weight.  Nice to be able to unsnap the belt and let the pack hang off your shoulders sometimes.

John
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

howl

I went that route for a while. Still do if I need to carry emergency supplies and a large water bladder. The taking it off and on and getting my stuff dirty got old. Instead I hang a call organizer from a binocular strap. It's the kind that crosses behind your back like, well like a sports bra. I hang a pad for my back off the back. Seat pad clips to my belt.

I don't recall the name, but I saw something similar to what I have rigged up in Midwest Turkey Call Supply.

SKFOOTER

Take a look at the Turkey Thugs 16 pocket waist pack in Mossy Oak Obsession at Wal Mart.  You can get it for less than $20 and it will hold more than what you will wanna take in woods with you. 

Xcal1ber

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 27, 2013, 02:11:29 PM
Take a look at the Turkey Thugs 16 pocket waist pack in Mossy Oak Obsession at Wal Mart.  You can get it for less than $20 and it will hold more than what you will wanna take in woods with you.

This ^^ is the one I got, and boy is it nice. It's just that I took mine back because it left me without the seat that my vest provided. If I ever decide to get a gobbler lounger or something some day, I might go get me another one.
He shouldn't ought done'nat........ He dead.