OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

MS cold weather lockjaw

Started by chrisg2709, March 27, 2013, 06:02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisg2709

I have heard birds gobble everyday I've hunted (10-12 days) and now with this cold snap it's like their beak is frozen shut. Mornings have been around 50 degrees and for the past few mornings it's been 29. Anyone else have this problem when the weather drops like this?

B-Rad1

Same here in Louisiana, we just started hearing a few gobble on the limb pretty frequently, I haven't heard a peep since the front rolled in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirt road ninja

My birds in Jefferson county have been silent too! I hunted 11 hours Saturday and didn't hear a gobble.

chrisg2709

No birds sounding off this morning either. They seem to be staying in the tree a little later than normal too.

CASH

Just got a text from my brother in law. He said the National Forest here was dead quiet this morning. It was 26
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

surehuntsalot

i thought I was suppose to be on a deer stand this morning
it's not the harvest,it's the chase